Feature request: Allow better choices in App choice of avatar for the account

PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭
Not a fan of the Fing supplied avatars, it's a big world out there so we should be allowed to select our own - and perhaps also allow synchronization with the community!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
VioletChepilPoohCarolineplindeman
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK thanks @Pooh. We've had this request in before. 
    For Fingbox users (you can pick a custom photo). For Fing account you don't have that same option.
    Luckily you can customize on the community. But of course the avatars could be improved too.
    Anyways, I've turned this into an ideation thread and now others interested can vote on it. 

Community Manager at Fing

• CarolineCaroline Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment
    OK thanks @Pooh. We've had this request in before. 
    For Fingbox users (you can pick a custom photo). For Fing account you don't have that same option.
    Luckily you can customize on the community. But of course the avatars could be improved too.
    Anyways, I've turned this into an ideation thread and now others interested can vote on it. 
    I have a fingbox, how do I pick a custom photo instead of one of the generic avatars for my account?  I hate the generic avatars, we should be able to pick one of our own photos like we can in just about every app/site these days.  
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Caroline, thank you for your feedback. Currently, for your own Avatar, the only way to do is by using the Facebook/Google sign ins. The App will pull the profile picture from the relevant account. You can add specific pictures for Users you set up within the App (once you give the camera permissions) but not currently the account avatar (aside from the way previously mentioned). thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!