Is there a way to undo the “trust device” command?

bdc99bdc99 Member Posts: 7
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
I was recently alerted of new devices seen by my network and flagged as possibly malicious. When I tapped on the device to get additional info, Fing took it as an instruction to “trust” the device. It does not appear on my network devices so I cannot manage the device. Is there any way to undo the “trust” command?
(note to Fing developers: is this a UI issue when the app does the opposite of what I think I am doing?)
Tagged:

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,193
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @bdc99
    Do you see the accepted device under the Device list? If you do, then you can click on the device and you will find an option to remove the device.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • bdc99bdc99 Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi Robin and thanks for your response. Although it doesn't really answer the question, I believe I have resolved this issue. I have been able to determine that the detected MAC addresses do, in fact, belong to my devices, so there was no intrusion. They were secondary MAC addresses for wired ethernet on routers in bridge mode.
    These still do not show up on my device list as Apple hides MAC addresses. 
    I guess the real issue with the Fing app is that there doesn't seem to be a way to get more info on the potentially malicious intruder because tapping on the notification only serves to "trust" it. At least on the iOS platform.
    Thanks again.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,193
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @bdc99
    Usually there is different kind of alerts which serves differently for specific cases. In your case, because the device was yours it was asking you to trust the device. In case of intrusion, it will provide you with an option to Block the device. And in some case, if your device is not assigned to any user, then it will ask you to identify the device. It all depends on the type of alert. For more info, you can check this thread
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!