Difference in device info on app.fing.com from the iPad find app

StanGolferStanGolfer Member Posts: 8
First Comment
the app.fing.com website has significantly more device info (brand, type, etc.) than my iPad app.  How do I get the info on the website to sync with the iPad app?

i do not have a Fing Box

Best Answer

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 831
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I'm not sure but I would think as long as you are singed into the same account on the iPad, the website, and an Android device the data should all be the same.

I can't currently install applications on my iPad due to some strange iCloud/iTunes account nonsense so I can't check, really not a fan of the way Apple handles this.

On your iPad rename a device and see if it reflects this name change on the website to verify sync is working.

Answers

✭✭✭✭✭

Are you logged into the fing app on your iPad? My understanding of what the website shows is networks you have synced from the fing application on your local device.

• StanGolferStanGolfer Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    Yes, logged in on my iPad via a browser and looking at the info via the iPad app. Data, the device descriptions are fully described in browser but not in the App.
    Also, opened Fing app on Android phone and it shows the more complete info.  Could this be because of the issue between Apple and Fing and Apple blocking data to Fing?
  • StanGolferStanGolfer Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    Thank you for the suggestion.  That seems to have forced a sync. 

Much appreciated.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're more than welcome.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,102
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @rooted thank you as ever for your great Community support.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!