Community issues

HronosHronos Beta Tester Posts: 288
100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭✭
Hi, I am having issues with the community web page, as a few hours now, not all (maybe none) the discussions I read are marked as "read" in the community web, I have try log-out and log-in again, deleting cookies and temporary files, restart... nothing help.

Also, what's this on a discussion page?

BTW, I saw for a while today a "new" editor for the comment area, some "floating" format bar, pretty cool, but now I don't see it anymore...
Keep looking up!
Tagged:

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Hronos
    Read/Unread:
    Is the issue persisting today? I'm guess a connectivity or caching issue. I'll ask the provider today.

Tick box/star:
    Star is used to follow a conversation to get alerts on it. For tick box, I've tested this myself and TBH for admins it does something but for members I'm struggling also to understand its use. I'll ask the provider today! I'll revert soon on this. 

Editing Permissions:
    I think what happened, is that when setting up the permissions for the new beta categories I made a slight error...
    I've since fixed this. This could have temporarily given you access to more features. 

Community Manager at Fing

• HronosHronos Beta Tester Posts: 288
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VioletChepil Hi!
    Well, the problem with read/unread persist, but not with all discussions, as an example this discussion, no matter how many times I enter to it, still shows as not read.
    The tick box, as you call it, shows no more, so I believe you already fix that =D.
    Also, this discussion is in a "normal" category, as I believe, but in my "Recent Discussions" is a not show...
    Keep looking up!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very strange.
    I see this one you mention in Recent Discussions.
    My guess is some kind of caching issue.
    Could you let me know your:
    - Device
    - Operating system
    - Browser 

This conversation now appears quite far down, since there is a lot of activity recently on the community.
    If you have any screenshots, would be great too.
    I'll take this up with our provider. 

✭✭✭✭
    @VioletChepil the data you ask:
    Device: HP Windows Machine.
    Browser: Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 (oficial Build) (64 bits)
    As per a screen:

Your replay to this discussion is mark as 11:42 am (in my time zone) and this capture shows, "Resent Discussions" with "Most Recent" data up to 8:26 am (also in my time zone).  But this discussion isn't up there, is really quite rare...
    Keep looking up!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah @Hronos: items in certain categories do not appear in Recent Discussions.
    This queue focuses only on certain content: Devices/Security/Network Troubleshooting and announcements.
    To not flood the queue with bug reports and feature requests Fing App/Fingbox/Welcome & Community feedback are filtered out.
    Fing Desktop Beta also don't appear since they are private categories. 
    The other example you gave, is from the Network Troubleshooting and this is why it is puzzling it does not appear there.
    Is it still not appearing? 

✭✭✭✭
    The other example you gave, is from the Network Troubleshooting and this is why it is puzzling it does not appear there.
    Is it still not appearing? 
    It appears, but the problem is that it always appears with the "new" label, but at the correct position.

In the screen, the tree with the label "new" has no new response since yesterday and I already enter all 3 of them (tens of times xD), but they still show the label.
    The 1st one (the Mediatek one) had some movement today, but it correctly marked as read as soon as I enter the discussion.
    Keep looking up!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok - thanks a lot for clarifying. I'm seeing with the provider about this now. 

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hronos good point and spotting of this bug!
    The provider has confirmed they acknowledge the issue and will fix it ASAP and let us know when a release for the fix is in place.
    Thanks for spotting and reporting! 

Hronos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VioletChepil I'm on fire! xD (with this and the beta test of the desktop app)
    I'm glad to been able to help!
    Keep looking up!
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you are @Hronos!!!!
    Team is loving it :) 

Hronos
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 853
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Hronos . I apologize for the delayed response on this issue. Violet did esclate this issue when you reported it. Our platform provider responded to us over the holiday season advising that they found a fix & this fix went out a little while ago, please let me know if you and your users are still experiencing issue with discussions not being marked as read. Thanks again for your valued feedback.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Hronos