Missing people and pause

PattiRose
PattiRose Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

Hi, I installed Fingbox. All my devices are listed but there is no people button and no way to pause internet for my kids. How can i get this feature of pause to show on my screen?

Answers

• PattiRose
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi, I opened the app and can see my devices; but there is no pause button on the screen. How do I get this to load?

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PattiRose
    Welcome ! 
    Do you have a Fingbox? Fing App requires Fingbox to pause and block devices! 
    Let me know and we can go from there.
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do have a Fingbox, and do not see the option to block devices, you could be logged into the wrong account.
    To create pause schedules, you need to first assign devices to a user and then create schedules.
    More details are available here!
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/internet-pause/

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PattiRose
    Welcome and I hope to help you. 
    Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing? 
    You need to add the personal devices to each of your children's profiles.
    You first need to set-up users and then you can pause them. 
    Here is more about the pause feature: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/internet-pause/ 
    Can you send over a screenshot of your PEOPLE tab?
    Are you seeing the PEOPLE tab?
    Let me know! 
    Cheers,
    Violet

• PattiRose
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi Violet, I am not seeing the people tab.

The devices are loaded but they are not assjgned. There is no people tab. Also on each device there is no pause button. How do I get devices assigned?

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @PattiRose thank you for the screenshot. The fact that 'Events' tab is showing indicates that you are not logged into an account with a Fingbox associated (and on the Fingbox netowrk). I would suggest as an initial basic step, log out of your account and log back in with the email account associated with the Fingbox. If you can still not see the 'People' tab, please DM me your MAC address, e-mail address associated with eth Fingbox and a screenshot of the 'Accounts & Settings' display (i.e. when you click on the Avatar). I will then be able to assist further. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• PattiRose
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 6, 2019 #8

Hi My username is [email protected] and the Fing password is (NEVER INCLUDE A PASSWORD)

I would like to be the sole user. Currently [email protected] is on my account. I would like to take his off my account and to add mine. I need to be able to pause the internet on the devices on my home. Thank you. Patti

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @PattiRose in order to change the account associated with a Fingbox, we need to receive an instruction from the current account (via private message here or e-mail) instructing us to do that. This is for privacy & security reasons. A reminder to all, please do not post any passwords or log in details on the Fing Community. This is for your own security.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• PaulRacket
    PaulRacket Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Hi, I also have this problem. I definitely have a Fingbox connected - it is recognised from with the Fingbox app. Please help!
  • PaulRacket
    First Comment
    Hello, I have a Fingbox V1 and I am missing all the above functionality. I definitely have a Fingbox attached - it is recognised from within the Fingbox app and within my Account with Fing (i.e you have 1 Fingbox connected to this account. Please advise.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi, I also have this problem. I definitely have a Fingbox connected - it is recognised from with the Fingbox app. Please help!
    Can you share the screenshot of the Home tab of Fing app so I can guide you better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PaulRacket
    First Comment
    Sure, please see attached. As you can see from the second image, there is a Fingbox on the network.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @PaulRacket
    You are looking for Fingbox features on Fing desktop. Fing Desktop is a completely separate product from the Fingbox. From a technical standpoint, in comparison to other Fing products, it can be considered:

Fing Mobile < Fing Desktop < Fing Box.

To access Fingbox features, you need a mobile device on which you can run Fing app.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PaulRacket
    First Comment
    Hi, thanks for your reply. It is not available from the mobile app either
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi, thanks for your reply. It is not available from the mobile app either
    Can you send me the screenshot of the Fing mobile app home page? It may be the case that you have not added Fingbox to your home tab. Please check this video for reference: 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)