How do you get a picture icon in the Fing App for the default user?

limur
limur Member, Beta Tester Posts: 24
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder
✭✭✭
I only get Avatar or Camera as an option, not Gallery. Fing v8.3.0 Android
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...
Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Tagged:

Answers

• ThinkFing
    ThinkFing Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭✭
    limur said:
    iOS behaviour
    Certainly within iOS, generating a new user ab initio, offers Camera / Gallery / Avatar, with a request to allow access photos if you select Gallery and they're turned off. If you decline access, then tapping the grey icon to the left of "User's name" then only offers the Camera and Avatar options. This is also true if you try editing an the picture icon for an existing user. Similarly, if you also deny access to the Camera, the only remaining option is Avatar. Within iOS, enabling 
    Settings ->Camera -> Fing and Settings -> Photos -> Read and Write, presents all three options again.
    Could it be that you have inadvertantly (or deliberately) restricted Fing's access to the gallery? I suggest a quick check of Android's privacy settings.
    SylvainL
  • limur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ThinkFing
    I've checked the Android equivalent settings and they've not changed;

Cripes! That's come out bigger than I expected!
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow @limur I had to laugh out loud on this one. Yes, that image is very big/huge even. I'm going to take a look. Cripes is also a great word! 

Community Manager at Fing

limurGidster
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @limur a bit more of investigation going on and I'll update you as soon as possible. I'm also looking into why those screens are coming out so big! 

limur
  • Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019 #6
    ThinkFing said:
    limur said:
    iOS behaviour
    Certainly within iOS, generating a new user ab initio, offers Camera / Gallery / Avatar, with a request to allow access photos if you select Gallery and they're turned off. If you decline access, then tapping the grey icon to the left of "User's name" then only offers the Camera and Avatar options. This is also true if you try editing an the picture icon for an existing user. Similarly, if you also deny access to the Camera, the only remaining option is Avatar. Within iOS, enabling 
    Settings ->Camera -> Fing and Settings -> Photos -> Read and Write, presents all three options again.
    Could it be that you have inadvertantly (or deliberately) restricted Fing's access to the gallery? I suggest a quick check of Android's privacy settings.
    Little confused here.  @limur said they were using Android, and you posted an answer with iOS.

Also, "Settings ->Camera -> Fing" and "Settings -> Photos -> Read and Write", I don't what what device or what version of iOS you're on, but these settings do not exist in iOS 12.4, iPhone 7+.

PoohSylvainL
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a known issue now, and I'm waiting for feedback on the status/investigation and when it may be solved. Thanks for your patience. 

limur
  • limur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @VioletChepil no rush.
  • ThinkFing
    ThinkFing Member, Beta Tester Posts: 21
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭✭
    Lee_Bo said:
    Little confused here.  @limur said they were using Android, and you posted an answer with iOS.

Also, "Settings ->Camera -> Fing" and "Settings -> Photos -> Read and Write", I don't what what device or what version of iOS you're on, but these settings do not exist in iOS 12.4, iPhone 7+.

Regrettably, I omitted to check tbefore posting. 
    The iOS settings do indeed exist, if the order is transposed and the missing "Fing ->" is added  :
    Settings -> Fing -> Camera and Settings -> Fing -> Photos -> Read and Write

More haste less speed. Sorry folks!
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @limur thanks a lot for your patience. We need to investigate this one further. I am opening a ticket for you from this thread. 

limur
  • limur
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on this @VioletChepil
    V8.4.0 now and still have a "M" for me, and everyone else has a piccy.
    Thanx
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is related to your sign-in with Google. Are you using Google to sign in out of curiosity? I'm noticing the same behavior on the community at the moment actually...

• limur
    ✭✭✭
    I do sign in using Google and my Google related picture does appear at the top right of the App. But I've still got an M representing me under the people tab :wink:
  • VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @limur yes this is a known issue I believe. I'm chatting with DEV team to see any update on a fix/update for it...

• VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @limur I've checked back on this and we are aware but I have no update on a fix. I'll let you know if and when anything changes. Apologies for the inconvenience at this time and thanks for reporting. 

limur
  • limur
    ✭✭✭
    Have we got any further with this @AriannaRomano ? It seems to have disappeared completely from the option now...
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    limur said:
    Have we got any further with this @AriannaRomano ? It seems to have disappeared completely from the option now...
    You can assign a picture to the default user now. You need to go to the user and then click on Edit and then click on the avatar and select the Android or Gallery and set a picture for your user. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    limur