My router says there are 190 devices connecting through the Fingbox - Is that normal?

OlliesshopOlliesshop Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic
I just signed into my ASUS RT-AC68U router and it said I have 208 devices connected to my router (BTW, I have 3 routers setup as AIMesh).  Then I looked at the devices and 190 of those are connection through the FIngbox.  Also, the Fing app only shows 26 devices are connected.  Does this sound normal/OK?  I'm worried that someone is hacking into my WiFi.

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Olliesshop this should be normal since your router is reporting that high number too. 
    In the Fing App - did you merge all your access points? Merging access point means - you go on all access points and run a Fing scan to teach the app they are part of your network. In Fing App - if using iOS 11 or Android 10 - we cannot get all MAC addresses and this has an impact on device recognition. Were you previously seeing a lot of GENERIC devices on your list?

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    More details about Android 10/iOS 11:
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/832/android-10-fing-app-will-fing-app-work-on-android-10
    https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/cant-fing-see-mac-addresses-ios-11/
    Fingbox is able to get the MAC addresses off the router if that makes sense - and thus it improves device recognition hugely. 

Community Manager at Fing

• OlliesshopOlliesshop Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for the explanation.  Somehow they went down again, which was good news.  Shortly after than I rebuilt my Router/AIMesh network, changing my SSID's and Passwords, then I ended up resetting the Fingbox.  Everything is much cleaner now.  Also, FYI, I have a Pixel 4 XL with Android 10 and the Fing app seems to work fine.