How do I fully reset /reboot an original Fing?

K7EDAK7EDA Member Posts: 2
First Comment

Bought mine on original kickstart. Need it to fully work and it has never seemed to get there. I want to update firmware if necessary and reboot, then reintegrate Fing with newer ISP?

VioletChepil

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,373
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @K7EDA , to get the firmware just unplug it for 10 seconds and plug it back in.
    To restart it best bet is to deactivate it and reactivate it.  This is done via the app...
    • Locate the network name in the middle of the top bar of the screen – click on the drop-down arrow next to this.
    • This will take you through to the My Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Swipe left on the Network with the Fingbox on it and click on the Deactivate that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepil
  • K7EDAK7EDA Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @Marc - always so fast and helpful! 
    @K7EDA - if you can please choose a BEST ANSWER. Just select: Did this answer the question? Yes/No. (This will give @Marc some kudos for helping!) and also don't be shy to LIKE content too. (Also a good way to give kudos too!)

Community Manager at Fing