Feature request: Can the Fing forum software force a new browser tab or window when going off site?

pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 137
100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
✭✭✭
A number of sites I use regularly (notably Google Search and Facebook) create a new browser tab (or browser window for tabless browsers) when clicking on a link to another website. This preserves your location and Back links on the originating site. I am rarely done with Fing when I click on an offsite link, so I would prefer to close the new tab when I'm done and be back at Fing right where I left off.

If I click on one of my bookmarks, or manually enter a URL, naturally my current tab or window would go to that site, but when clicking on a link within Fing, I usually want to return to Fing when I'm done reading the reference, just as I usually want to return to my Google search when I'm done checking one of the results. (Facebook does it to keep its "ad victims" connected as long as possible.)
--Pete
Bon Vivant and Raconteur
MarcVioletChepil

Best Answer

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @pwmeek this has partially been solved for external links.
    I'm still working on internal links (which would be the big one) as mostly other threads and posts are cross referenced. 
    I'll keep you updated on any news.
    Cheers

Community Manager at Fing

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check on this @pwmeek with our provider and get back to you. I agree with this suggestion too. 

Community Manager at Fing

• pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    External links was what I was most interested in. New tabs for internal links could be useful, but not near as important as for external.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur