Hive hub suddenly seen as new device and blocked

wingchunwingchun Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
Photogenic First Comment
Until this morning my Fing saw my hub (controlling lights & heating) as Hive 360 then suddenly it saw the hub as a new device named kor-002 and blocked it. Has my hub been compromised? I don't wan't to unblock it until I know why it's seen as a new device. Is it something with Fing or with the hub?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,523
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @wingchun , have you tried rescanning the network to see if it still comes up as kor002?  Also try removing it from the app and see how it comes back.  I'm assuming right now you can't use the hub as its blocked from the app, correct?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,659
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @wingchun
    Can you tell me more about your network set up and where the fingbox is connected? Also, if the other device shows up the same MAC address or different? If you have multiple access point and if the router has multiple network interface which provides multiple frequencies(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), and the devices/hub is able to connect to multiple access points then you will see multiple names but only one will be active at a time and others will be greyed out or blocked based on your settings. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • wingchunwingchun Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks for replying guys. Looking at the network details on Fing for the hub, it says the bonjour name is kor-002 and I've since found printed on the bottom of the hub 'HUB ID: KOR-002'. For some reason the hub has suddenly defaulted to this id and as such I feel it's not quite the problem I thought it was. Thanks for your time.
    VioletChepil
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,523
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got it sorted out @wingchun
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @wingchun great to hear its sorted! Feel free to choose a BEST ANSWER by selecting:
    Did this answer the question? Yes/No
    Cheers! 

Community Manager at Fing