Amazon

JackMasonJackMason Member Posts: 1

Hi,

i am recently new to internet security and I wanted to know if I unplug my amazon fire stick in theory I thought that it wouldn’t show up on the active device list however it continued to show up but as soon as I disconnected my mobile phone it became inactive. So my question is there a delay on the firestick or could it be someone trying to hide under my fire sticks ip, I’m probably in the paranoid stages because I was recently attack and it showed me how vulnerable I was.

Any advice helps,

Jack

VioletChepil

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jack
    How long after did it disappear - there is some threshold in reporting devices online/offline.
    Are you using Fingbox and are you using slower network discovery? 

Community Manager at Fing

• JackJack Member Posts: 53
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @VioletChepil I think you should have tagged @JackMason not me :wink:

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ahh yes sorry @Jack :)
    Nice to see you anyways.
    Yes @JackMason those are for you:
    How long after did it disappear - there is some threshold in reporting devices online/offline.
    Are you using Fingbox and are you using slower network discovery? 

Community Manager at Fing

Jack
  • JackJack Member Posts: 53
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @JackMason In the fing app click on the Fire Stick and check the value of State change timeout if you set this to 1 minute then it should alert you faster but you also may get lots more alerts as some devices will sleep from time to time. 

I expect you are just seeing a ~20min delay in the offline status as this seems to be the default (Auto) behaviour.  
    VioletChepil