Recognizing users/devices between networks

idea2goidea2go Member Posts: 28
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Founder
✭✭✭

I’d like the ability to recognize devices and users across different networks.  I have several fingboxes.  If a user gets a new iPad or phone or smart watch and I figure it out and assign the device to that user, that same device shows up as a mystery for me to decipher for each new location they enter in the future.  This is particulately tedious if for instance four people walk in at once, having to suss out and designate each device to each user when all that info is already known from a different network they were in last week.  With four networks, having to do this separately quadruples the workload and also makes it hard for me to be consistent.  Additionally, if I add descriptions or notes to a device those notes are not carried over to the same device on other networks.

idea2goQhel0
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the request. I'm changing this to an ideation thread so others interested in this can upvote too! 

Community Manager at Fing

• idea2goidea2go Member Posts: 28
    ✭✭✭

Thanks @VioletChepil. I’ll be interested to hear the thoughts and votes of others here. :-)

• KkranenKkranen Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I’m in transition from a V1 to a V2 on the same network. This feature would be incredibly helpful for that situation as well.
  • idea2goidea2go Member Posts: 28
    ✭✭✭

Just got another fingbox (number 5!!!). I'm really not looking forward to waiting for each known device to come by, looking it up, renaming and adding notes, and trying to keep it all in sync accurately with the other networks. So another +1 for this feature from me!