Group definition on Fingbox for IFTTT

BN336BN336 Posts: 4Member
First Comment Photogenic
I am using the IFTTT app to notify me when EVERYONE leaves the network.  I want to know how to define who is EVERYONE and how can I make it just 2 users ? Currently EVERYONE seems to be just me.  I want it to be me and my spouse. Where can I find this documented ?  Thanks

RobinVioletChepil

Comments

• GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Have you added any other uses to Digital Presence in the Fing app? This needs to be done in order for you to assign a group in IFTTT. There's an article on Digital Presence here: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/digital-presence-detection/
    Head of Product at Fing
    Hronos
  • BN336BN336 Posts: 4Member
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes I have myself and my wife defined, how do I make the group of her and I ?
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just testing this one out. and will be back with more information ASAP. I've not forgotten this thread! 

Community Manager at Fing

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BN336 - just checking. You have personal devices (i.e. mobile phones/tablets) assigned to your wife? Does the digital presence detect normally she is offline too? Could it be that one of her personal devices is left at the house and thus showing her state as still online? Or, rather, does she show offline in the app - and you still don't get the alert.

First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Violet, Yes I have a personal device (iPhone) assigned to each of us.  And the presence is detected and notifies me when we leave and return.  What I want IFTTT to do is turn off my lights when we are BOTH gone. I want to set up a "group" that is both of us.  The group name that IFTTT shows me does not match the ones in Fing.  Hence my question.  Thanks for helping. 
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We've tested here and everyone should be all the users on your network. Ok do you have a screenshot of a time when everyone has left?
    If you choose everyone, we believe this should work when all the users have left your network. 
    As I understand, you have this set to everyone on your network. Everyone on your network includes you and your wife - however when everyone actually leaves the expected action is not occuring.  Is this correct? 

After investigating this a bit further, I can see there are some discrepencies in the languages used on IFTTT and within the Fingbox Digital Presence. I'm trying to get a bit of clarification internally on this. 

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @BN336 - we've tested this here and we did get a text when Everyone has left. If you can share a screenshot when Everyone has left (and not getting the intended behavior) that would be great. So far we are unable to reproduce this issue on our side. 

First Comment Photogenic
    Well yesterday I meticulously gathered all the doc before I left home and was ready to show you what happens, and of course it worked.  I'm not sure what changed, but it shut the lights off.  Im a happy guy, thanks for all your help.
    VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great @BN336 glad to hear its working. Please report back if that changes!