Where do you find total data used for the month?
DrDias Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1✭
Where do you find total data used for the month???
VioletChepil Member Posts: 2,471Hi @DrDias I believe that most users can get that from their router logs? @kltaylor @Pooh @Marc any help on where to get those?
If you would like to lessen the data that Fingbox is using you can take a couple of actions.
You can you use the feature of 'Slower network discovery'.
To do this:
- Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox
- Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner
- Choose 'Settings of (network/Fingbox name)'
- Scroll down and enable the "Slower Network Discovery" setting
For uploading of data, Automated Internet Speed tests are set as a default for all Fingbox users. This is the reason, Fingbox is able to send the Internet performance report every month. The scheduled test takes about 30 seconds. It figures out your internet speed by measuring how much data can move through your connection in that time, in download and in the upload. The test uses different amounts of data depending on how fast your connection is and where you do the test. For example, a typical test in the U.S. can use up to 20 MB- 20Gb of data. If you turn off the scheduled Internet performance, it will stop the traffic but you will not be able to obtain the Internet performance report every month.
Let me know if that helps!
Community Manager at Fing0
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides