Move Fingbox and/or data to another account

StegsStegs Posts: 2Member
First Comment Photogenic
Hi I have a fingbox on a network and have spent the time naming the mac addresses. I CAN export this info via the website.  CAN I reimport this data?
I cant see an obvious way nor could I find anything to read on HOW I can move a fingbox and all associated info from one account to another.  
The only way I can think of, and I could have typed it all in again by now, is to export, deactivate on old account, reactivate on new account and import, but am missing the method for the last step.
Has anyone done this before?
How many people are using the fingbox in a corporate office environment?
It works nicely when in context with video security. :)

Answers

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Stegs thanks for your question. Just turning this into a QUESTION thread. Please choose an answer if this has solved things for you. 
    1) For Fingbox users, if you like we can change your account email address. We can only change the account email address of Fingbox users. 
    2) You cannot import any of the exported data into a new account. If you move Fingbox to a new network - with the same account email - the device names etc. would transfer over but you'd need to replicate all other configuration (alerts, Internet pause schedules) again. 
    I hope this clear things up!

Could you start this question as a new thread? "How many people are using the fingbox in a corporate office environment?" I do think this is an interesting topic and others will get involved. Perhaps it is too hidden in this thread and won't get the traction it deserves.

Let me know any other way I can help!
    Cheers,
    Violet

Community Manager at Fing

• StegsStegs Posts: 2Member
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks Violet. Both answers are informative, however not really what I want to do. 
    I want to retain the original account and move all but one fingbox to a different account.

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok - so moving to another account would mean changing the email addresses of those 2 Fingboxes. This can be done. Therefore, I'm creating a ZenDesk ticket out of this thread and you can liase with support sharing your MAC addresses and emails of the boxes you want to change. We can only do this for Fingbox accounts! you will get an email about the ZenDesk ticket and the support team will be in touch ASAP. Cheers

Community Manager at Fing