Fingbox disconnects every day

Jesús_BilbaoJesús_Bilbao Posts: 4Member
Photogenic First Comment
Hello, good mornig for everyone.

I have used Fingbox one or two years ago. The device works very well, detects everything, new devices on the wifi, cuts the signal when I program it ... everything perfect.
But lately, the Fingbox disconnects every day at 23:05 and reconnects at 0:00.
He does that every day and I receive an email with every change of status ... every day at the same time.
I've tried to unplug it from the power, restart it as factory, its firmware appears as updated ... I don't know what else to do. Curious, right?
Anyone have any idea about this?

Thank you very much and greetings.

Comments

• PoohPooh Posts: 675Member, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    @Jesús_Bilbao - is there anything else on the same power circuit? Is the Fingbox connected directly to the router? There's nothing that I'm aware of on the Fingbox that has any time constraints. What sort of router do you have and who's your ISP?

@Robin this make any sense to you?

@VioletChepil mind converting this to a question, please?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of this one and requesting more examination by @Robin

Community Manager at Fing

• Jesús_BilbaoJesús_Bilbao Posts: 4Member
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hello thank you very much for your interest.

Yes, the Fingbox is connected directly to the router and takes the power from the same socket as the router. The two devices are located in a false ceiling of the corridor, in the center of the house.
    This is good for wifi.
    The router is a Mitrastar HGW-2501GN-R2 (updated firmware) and the ISP is Movistar, in the Basque Country, in Spain.

Greetings.
    VioletChepil
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hello again.

I am reviewing the notification emails of disconnections and I see that ... well, I have gotten involved, but I believe that what is disconnected is the Fingbox, not my Wi-Fi network (MOVISTAR_7330)
    I have not noticed that my wifi goes off for an hour.
    But tonight I will look at it more slowly.
    Just in case, these are the emails that come to me:

Your Fingbox is offline: MOVISTAR_7330
    Fing Alert <[email protected]>
    Sept. 17 2019 23:06 (14 hours ago)
    for me

Fingbox Alert: 'MOVISTAR_7330' went offline
     Your Fingbox state has changed.
     Network MOVISTAR_7330
    When Today 23:06
    ------------------------------------------------
    Your Fingbox is back online: MOVISTAR_7330
    Fing Alert <[email protected]>
    Sept. 17 2019 0:00 (13 hours ago)
    for me

Fingbox Alert: 'MOVISTAR_7330' went back online
     Your Fingbox state has changed.
     Network MOVISTAR_7330
    When
    Today 0:00

Thank you.
  • RobinRobin Posts: 770Administrator
    50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Jesús_Bilbao
    We have never heard of such a scenario but I can provide you with some steps to perform to check for the offline issue. There are two reasons for Fingbox getting Offline:  

1) Internet Outages. The fingbox is correctly connected to the network and the home wifi works well, but the internet is down. These outages are underlined in the timeline on the speed test view. In that case, please check for minor Internet outages with your ISP. 

2) Lost of load-bearing. In this case, the fingbox seems to lose the IP address. It might due either to the cable or to the switch connected to. 

I would like to confirm if the ethernet cable is not broken. As you restart the Fingbox, it forces the network to reach its full speed but if there is any damage on the cable, the speed will drop thus leading to Offline.  I would also like you to try any Cat 6 or Cat 7 cable and then see if it is still losing connection or not. 

If you experience issues with network connectivity for Fingbox, you can either increase the network size on Fing App. To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

Or, you can check if the Ip address assigned to Fingbox is not being used by other Device which disconnects the Fingbox from the connection. I would request you to assign a Static IP address to Fingbox which will help us to isolate the issue. Assigning Static IP address to most devices is easy, just go to its network settings, look for DHCP option and turn it OFF. Once you do that, you'll see a text area to enter Static IP address. Enter the new IP address there, save changes. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi Robin, thanks for answering.

I've been away from home for a few days and with a lot of work.
    Luckily, I'm back.

Regarding the internet connection cuts, I think it is not so. In the period of disconnection of the Fingbox I have internet connection from other devices in the house and the wifi works fine.
    In addition, it is always every day during the same time.
    The network cables in my house are new and Cat 6 throughout the installation. The Fingbox is connected directly to the router.
    The IP used by the Fingbox is dynamic, but I have not observed that any device removes it (every day during the same time ...).
    It's strange.
    I have increased the Maximum Network Size, which was not defined, up to 64 devices.

I will continue to observe all this.

Thank you so much for everything.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @Jesús_Bilbao just let us know how you get on with that step and if it solves things for you! 

Community Manager at Fing

Jesús_Bilbao