jchungjchung Posts: 2Member
First Comment
My fingbox keeps going offline, internet is up and running and i am on a Orbi mEsh but the fingbox is wired to the router. what is the issue here?

Answers

• PoohPooh Posts: 675Member, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hello @jchung, welcome to the Community!

1. Are you using a v1 or v2 Fingbox? Click here to see how to tell the difference between a v1 and v2.
    2. Have you tried using a different ethernet cable?
    3. Have you checked the power supply - i.e. when the FIngbox goes offline, does it also lose power?

@VioletChepil - here's another one to move to the FingBox category, if you please :)

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • HronosHronos Posts: 288Moderator, Beta Tester
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a firewall on your network, it can be "blocking" the sites/ports the box need to function reliably.
    This article could help you to know those connections.
    If the box can't connect to the listed (in the article) addresses/ports it will show as off-line (and even a specific color of led should light up)
    Keep looking up!
  • jchungjchung Posts: 2Member
    First Comment
    edited September 2019
    im on v2, not using a firewall. the powercable also seems defective, when i touch the power cable the box goes offline. 
  • PoohPooh Posts: 675Member, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    So that might be the cable, or it might be the Fingbox itself.

Paging @VioletChepil ! Violet - mind reaching out to @jchung to see what y'all can do to help them?

@jchung : If you feel any of these answers have helped, then please feel free to mark them as such so other users will see them and be able to be guided by the responses.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jchung I can open a support ticket from here and get this looked into. (I'm doing that now).
    In the meantime, until that is sorted, can you try using the Fingbox with another cable you may have access to? 
    Thanks for flagging @Pooh - I've moved this one over to the correct category!
    Cheers 

Community Manager at Fing

Hronos