Swapped Out Fing v1 with Fing v2, now unable to add Access Point

UltrajonesUltrajones Posts: 2Member, Beta Tester
First Comment Photogenic
I am unable to add my access point to Fing v2.  I select Wi-Fi intrustion protection, then click Add Access Point, click OK, but it never adds the access point.  How do I resolve this?
Regards,
Ultrajones

Comments

• GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @Ultrajones let me check with our support team on this
    Head of Product at Fing
  • GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @Ultrajones can you tell me if you're using iOS or Android. Also which version of the app (go to Accounts & Settings > About & contacts). Also if you're on iOS13 or Android 8+ please make sure you've granted location permission to the Fing app, as this is needed to get full wifi details.

Head of Product at Fing
  • UltrajonesUltrajones Posts: 2Member, Beta Tester
    First Comment Photogenic
    I started with IOS12 on an iPhone and iPad.  I then tried again using IOS13 with the exact same results.  I am using Fing 8.4.0.
  • PoohPooh Posts: 675Member, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say 'swapped out' did you remove the old Fingbox as well? My v2 didn't have anything listed until I'd done that because the v1 Fingbox was doing it. Once I'd done that it started working for me on the v2.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ultrajones - have you connected to the access point and ran a Fing scan? This lets the app know this is part of the same network. Let me know if you've tried that. Thank you

Community Manager at Fing