Ads in the software

PresscontactPresscontact Posts: 2Member
Photogenic

I’m usually in the camp that if I buy something I don’t want ads. I purchased Fingbox - yet now it’s software has ads. When it’s a security product I really have issues with this.

im torn - I want this company and product to continue and to make a profit - but I don’t want ads. If there is a payment that solves this please let me know - but pls stop the ads

Tagged:

Comments

• kltaylorkltaylor Posts: 760Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m usually in the camp that if I buy something I don’t want ads. I purchased Fingbox - yet now it’s software has ads. When it’s a security product I really have issues with this.

im torn - I want this company and product to continue and to make a profit - but I don’t want ads. If there is a payment that solves this please let me know - but pls stop the ads

The way that I understand the issue with advertisement within the Fing software, is that you have the ability to purchase at a very low price, the ability to remove those ads for a set period of time.  If however, you've purchased a Fingbox, and you're using the same account on both hardware and software device, the ads should not be there as well.
    This link has some additional information about advertisements that you should take a look at.  If for whatever reason you are still experiencing that issue, please take a few moments to send a support email to [email protected]
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @Presscontact if you have a Fingbox you should not see any ads. Are you sure you are using the app with the same account as the Fingbox?
    We have another user here who was see ads and discovered they had 2 accounts:
    https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/4259#Comment_4259
    Head of Product at Fing