Is anyone here using the CLI version of Fing?

tx_hermittx_hermit Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
5 Likes Founder First Comment Photogenic
✭✭
This may not be the correct category for this post, but it doesn't seem to fit in anywhere else, at this time.
I have been playing with the CLI version of Fing for awhile now, and do enjoy using it (especially when something like Nmap would be serious overkill). I am just curious if anyone in this community is using it, if so, how they actually utilize it...?

I think there are many interesting uses for the CLI (not to mention, no ads) and would be open to having a category where members can discuss and share tips/tricks/projects. 
VioletChepil

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Curios to see others on here using as well.
    To give you some more information, CLI is legacy and now we have been working on Fing Desktop which will have much better functionality, with a UI as well!
    It's going to be like a Fing mobile but app but running from PC/laptops, so very useful for any use case, from simple troubleshooting to IT and network administration. 
    It's going to work with Fing Account, so any scan will be automatically synchronised in your account, thus accessible from the web interface.
    It'll leverage the Fing device recognition that we built for Fing app and then improved a lot for Fingbox and embedded devices, so as matter of fact it's going to be provide amazing results both in terms of reliability of network scan and also in terms of device recognition.

Community Manager at Fing

tx_hermit
  • DanielPDanielP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    I only occasionally use it, and only to determine what's out there on a particular segment.
    Brand name of attached device is very useful.
    Can I download this from fing.com?  I  don't remember where I got my copy of v3.0.
    I don't trust the other, aggregating sites.
    BTW, great to hear a desktop version is coming.
    Thank you,
    Dan
  • GidsterGidster London, UKMember Posts: 224
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    DanielP said:
    Can I download this from fing.com?  I  don't remember where I got my copy of v3.0.
    I don't trust the other, aggregating sites.
    You can download it from here: https://www.fing.com/products/development-toolkit
    Head of Product at Fing