Unable to get rid of Ads in Fing App.

Systops5Systops5 Member Posts: 33
10 Comments First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
✭✭
I installed my Fing Box today, and signed into my App just as I did on the site and the Ads still show in the bottom of the app. I have tried both the Android Beta and the Stable Release and they keep coming up. I think I know why, but I don't know how to fix it,  If I login to the app with the email [email protected], no ads, but I want to use and signed up with a new account using [email protected] When i login with that account I get the ads even though both accounts say that my Fing Box is installed.
Can someone help me fix this? I would prefer the account be under [email protected] so I am unsure why this is happening, That is also he email address i am using for my DOMOTZ Trial, so I would like it to be the same,
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Systops5 what account did you onboard your Fingbox with? 
    Are you sure you are just seeing the network or all functionalities from the second Fingbox account? 
    We'll need to adjust your Fingbox account email and for that I'll create a ZenDesk ticket from this thread. I'm doing that now!

Community Manager at Fing

Pooh
  • Systops5Systops5 Member Posts: 33
    ✭✭
    So,mething else I noticed that is VERY strange! If I log in to the App and I had a place where I could add iusers, and match them with their deevice as well as akkow ir on the network etc.... That feature has disalleared. I dont knpow how to get to that,
    ✭✭
    It appears I have 2 accounts 1 [email protected] and 2 [email protected] Oddly each account shows different features within the app so I've just been using [email protected] since it seems to provide the features I need. I don't know how I managed to create 2 different accounts or why the app behaves different between the two accounts. 

Good news no ads on Admin account but the ops one still has ads. I'm guessing that's because the ops one it tied to the free app even though it shows the Fing box is associated with that account as well. The Admin account must be tied to the Fing box. It's very confusing. 
    ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Also my fingboxdoesnt seem to have a green light as the app says it should. I've only seen red and blue (blue maybe the new green?)

I dont mind using the Admin account if that is easier. It's not a huge issue. I just like consistency. 
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    @Systops5 I'm not sure I'd have my Fingbox email address made so public....

Blue means your Fingbox is happy. https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/led-light-guide/

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Having the emails addresses public are ok, they are my companies support email addresses. I use them for all my communications, they are already public email addys. I do understand and appreciate the concern however. should the Fing Box have an internal unpublished email address? I realize that it's also used as the username for my fingbox. I can always change it if need be but right now the email logins are causing issues with my app.

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Systops5 you'll just need 1 account for Fing App/Fingbox to keep everything together. I suggest we delete the account not associated with Fingbox and you only Login to Fing App with your Fingbox account. Please let me know which one should be deleted? Or you can keep them both opened but you'll always need to ensure you Login with the Fingbox account - to have all ads removed and access all features. 

Community Manager at Fing

✭✭

That's the odd thing I'm not sure how I wound up with the 2 different accounts and I'll have to look I to deleting 1. The ads aren't an issue now so I'm happy! :)