Who'd like to see top community content in their Fing App?

AndreaAndrea Member, Beta Tester Posts: 43
25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭
i was wondering if is a good idea :)

Who'd like to see top community content in their Fing App? 20 votes

Yes
65%
VioletChepilRobinJackKayJayTheCustomCaveAndreaMarcpwmeektourigaMDavideYesRickT49impoid 13 votes
No
35%
Lee_BoKenDRomuluskltaylorjw_nedPoohMirekmal 7 votes
VioletChepil

Comments

• YesYes Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
    10 Comments 5 Likes Founder Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would be nice to have the Fing App (or a separate dedicated app) as an entry point to quickly keep an eye on the community instead of needing to navigate to the url and relogin from a browser window.
    The answer is Yes! The question is the question?

AndreaVioletChepilMariusvam
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would be great to get some more votes on this especially from the leaderboard too! @Pooh @kltaylor @Lee_Bo @Marc @Ajax @TheCustomCave @adam @Romulus @pwmeek @John
    I'm curious to see everyone's thoughts on this one! 

Community Manager at Fing

Andrea
  • TheCustomCaveTheCustomCave Member, Beta Tester Posts: 48
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Absolutely! That would be a brilliant idea.

Andrea
  • adamadam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 63
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice but there are other core functionality/reporting features I would prefer in front of that (see my posts).
    Andrea
  • pwmeekpwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 137
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    For the many Fing and Fingbox users who are not habitual forum users (as some of us are) an easy place to see what is happening in the forum (and perhaps encourage participation in the forum) might be very useful and productive. If it was easy to find (maybe a fourth icon at the bottom) yet not intrusive (like a splash screen every time you started the app), it would promote awareness of the forum without putting people off.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yes said:
    Would be nice to have the Fing App (or a separate dedicated app) as an entry point to quickly keep an eye on the community instead of needing to navigate to the url and relogin from a browser window.
    I think that a separate app would be more ideal, leave the Fing app to do what it's great at.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Lee_Bo
  • RomulusRomulus Member, Beta Tester Posts: 35
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I think having something in the app to highlight the presence of the forum would be great, but I personally think that adding articles would just weigh the app down a little and take away from it's core value.
    AngLee_Bo
  • MirekmalMirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nope! If someone is interested in viewing community info should come here. Putting community info an app that is designed for definitely other purpose, would be like putting advertising on  it. Just my thought... I like things clean...
    VioletChepilLee_Bo
  • MariusvamMariusvam Member, Beta Tester Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes Founder
    ✭✭
    YES, I would have a vote for it....
  • tourigatouriga Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

A link to the community is all that I think is necessary. I don't think functionality to interact with the community is wise or necessary. We already have that. Likewise a description of top threads is unnecessary.

Secondly this is a low nice to have priority.

• tourigatouriga Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I have voted yes, but only for a simple link. You don't need to build community functionality into the app. That already exists outside the app. Rather spend the dev time on new technical capabilities.

Rob

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 273
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely not!  I need the Fing app to give me information on my network and not any community content.  If you want to do that, make a separate app, or make these forums compatible with TapaTalk.
    VioletChepiltouriga