My fing notification showed that a device made by Tiang henxinhuifeng Technology joined my network.

VickyBVickyB Member Posts: 4
My Fing notification showed that a device made by Tiang henxinhuifeng Technology joined my network. I immediately blocked it and now for the past hour it has been trying to join my network. Any ideas what this might be?  Should I be concerned my password has been breached?

VioletChepil

Best Answers

• PoohPooh Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It could be anything:

a) It could be a best guess based upon a randomized MAC address

b) It could be the name of a manufacturer of a WiFi card in an IoT device. Do you have any Wyze cameras per chance?

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VickyBVioletChepil
  • VickyBVickyB Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer

Yes I do.

VioletChepil
    Accepted Answer
    Sounds like it's a known issue with Wyze cameras and a firmware change - lot's of folk seem to be generally unhappy about it!
    MarcHronosVickyBGidsterVioletChepil
    Accepted Answer

Absolutely my pleasure to assist, @VickyB !

VioletChepil

Answers

• MarcMarc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VickyB , in case you get this again with another rogue device, try to google the name. 9 times out of 10, one of the returns google gives you will point you in the right direction.

@VioletChepil , what VickyB is experiencing and the steps to resolve might be worth a sticky or a help item if not already one. I know I’ve experienced this numerous times but how to sleuth this may not be obvious to Fing users.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    HronosPooh
  • VickyBVickyB Member Posts: 4
    I have never gotten this before with my Wyze cameras, so I don't know why suddenly it would say it has joined the network when it's been on the network the entire time.
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarcVioletChepil
  • VickyBVickyB Member Posts: 4
    Well I blocked the device and sure enough my camera went offline.  When I unblocked it, it came back online.  Thank you Pooh!

VioletChepilHronos