Error Message:Network netmask (prefix length) is not tuned correctly Home network is too wide

I have an eero router and a fing box.  The error message:  Network netmask (prefix length) is not tuned correctly.  Home network is too wide: 192.168....., up to 1024 devices.

Not sure what this means I need to do on my router settings, if anything.  Any assistance here would be most appreciated.  I am on hold with eero now and not sure how long it will take to speak to an agent...  Thank you!
Tagged:
statprof

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 355
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @microbarney hopefully you have managed to get Eero to resolve your problem, if not please post the full error message here so that the community can start trying to help out, thanks.
  • microbarney
    microbarney Member Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Done.  All fixed.  Thank you.
  • Nate_C
    Nate_C Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I get same message, what solved it?

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Nate_C
    The issue was resolved by the original poster reaching out their network provider. May I ask if you have been in touch with yours as of yet? If not, it would be a good place to start!
  • GaryG
    GaryG Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I have the same issue.
    If the first question had been answered (shared) here, I too, would not  have make a separate call to Eero.
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @GaryG
    The issue was resolved by the original poster reaching out their network provider. May I ask if you have been in touch with yours as of yet? If not, it would be a good place to start!
  • GaryG
    GaryG Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Yes, EERO answered my question promptly.   
    Should I post it here, or let everyone else make a separate telephone call?

OK, they said that no changes need be made. It is info that most of us with the smaller networks need not be concerned about. However  if you feel you just have to change the subnet mask......to 255.255.255.0.......you can do it, but it won't make any difference.......in speed or operations.
    The bottom line is ........"If it isn't broken, don't Fix it."
    Karl_From_Fing