Thousands of Notifications

JedWare
JedWare Member Posts: 19
Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

I am getting thousands of notifications with Fing Desktop 2.10.0. I click to see the notifications but nothing displays. I can exit and restart app and counter resets but I cannot see what any of the errors are about.  Any ideas?

DocZZZ

Answers

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @JedWare
    I have created a support ticket for you in relation to this. Please respond at your earliest convenience.
  • DocZZZ
    DocZZZ South FloridaMember, Beta Tester Posts: 28
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem with latest Fing Desktop for macOS version 2.10.0
    There seem to be 4 unique notifications, but they are duplicated many thousands of times.
    Quitting and relaunching Fing Desktop clears the notifications out.
    This behavior started in a previous version of Fing --- I think at least 2 back, and I believe with some revamp of the Notifications Panel. Thanks for quashing this annoying bug!
  • JedWare
    JedWare Member Posts: 19
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

I was able to resolve mine by switching DNS to google servers. My isp dns was causing dns issues with Fing and it is not handling the issue well and thus numerous notifications.

• DocZZZ
    DocZZZ South FloridaMember, Beta Tester Posts: 28
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited June 12, 2022 #5
    I am currently setup using OpenDNS with my eero Router Custom DNS Setting. I don't imagine that OpenDNS would be causing my Notifications issue, but I will temporarily switch to Google DNS and see if that resolves it. Also, I suspect that an additional setting - I am using iCloud Private Relay beta - may also be related to this issue, since it reroutes the DNS requests. Thanks for the tip!
  • christantoan
    christantoan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    It happens to me as well on Fing 2.10.0
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,
    This is currently an existing bug that our development team are tackling. Please reach out to [email protected] if you are experiencing this issue and I can share the Beta workaround with you.