Fing Desktop on Windows 11

NewfieWannabe
NewfieWannabe Member Posts: 1
Second Anniversary Photogenic
Hey folks,

I recently installed the upgrade to Windows 11, and now the Fing Desktop app does not launch at all - double-click it, or R-click and Run As Admin, and nothing.  No process even spawns.

I have it on my phone, but the desktop app was so much more concise and great for getting the best answers about my network in a smaller glance.
Charis

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewfieWannabe
    Have you checked if the Fing agent is running under Task manager or not? Also, Did you try to uninstall Fing desktop and then re-install?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Charis
    Charis Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I have the same issue with fing.exe application on Windows 11.
    Shows up as open application (with number 1 overlayed on top, as the number of notifications) on Windows taskbar and actual notifications with their relevant details are showing up in the notifications on the bottom right of the Windows taskbar.

I just uninstalled whichever version I had and installed 2.9.0.382 (as of 6th April 2022), however I get the same behaviour.

Windows version details below:
    -------------------------
    Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎10/‎21
    OS build 22000.593
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.593.0

Please advise how we can resolve or if this is a known issue.

Thank you
  • ATSPerson
    ATSPerson Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    I have this problem too. At least since Win11 install last year. I've been using the phone app in the meantime. Not a beginner. 
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ATSPerson
    and @Charis
    May I ask for some screenshots/screen recordings of this issue?