Introduce yourself

2»

Comments

• Stratt3000Stratt3000 NB, CanadaMember Posts: 21
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!  My name is Stratton and I'm a long time Fing lover here on the East Coast in Canada.  I've been in the hospitality/telecommunications industry for over 15 years working with Cloud5 Communications who has grown to be the best and only total solutions provider in North America!  Together with 3 other colleagues, I assist in managing the Canadian side of the company providing IT services for our reservations contact centers.  I'm a musician at heart however having toured the East Coast with my band Sheltered, I was fortunate enough to receive a grant from SOCAN to cut a full length professional album in 2005 which got me my proverbial 15 minutes of fame ;-)  I enjoy gaming when I'm not tinkering with hardware/software or playing guitar/singing.  Looking forward to meeting all of you Fing-Pals!! Great to be here.
    Rev. Stratton Phillips | FOSN, D. Div. (h.c.) | InfoTech @ Cloud5

VioletChepilCiaranMarcLee
  • MinimartMinimart Member Posts: 3
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

Hi everyone! I’m thrilled to be part of the community, thank you for inviting me. I was in nuclear power in the US Navy for my first career, and now I work for a rather large power company in Florida. I got my first job in IT last October, to make it official, but I’ve been pretty nerdy all my life. I have about 32 Raspberry Pis doing various things around the house (a couple doing nothing at all... ) and I got the Fing box originally to simplify managing IP addresses for headless pis. now that I have it, of course I use it for a lot more. For example, I have a 2005 Mac Mini as a Plex server with about 17 tb of media that my kids stream to various devices, so blocking their access is handy. Anyway, I’m excited to be included, and can’t wait to start learning more cool stuff from all you smart people! :)

MarcLucaVioletChepilCiaranLee
  • cjohlandtcjohlandt Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    5 Likes Founder First Comment Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hello.  My name is Chris.  I started using Fing way back when it was a command line tool.  I was extremely disappointed when Domotz bought Fing and shut it down but very happy to see it come back with the Fingbox in Indiegogo.  I got my start with computers on the Commodore Pet and then moved up to the C-64.  That was a looooong time ago.  I'm looking forward to the continuing evolution of both Fingbox and the Fing app and hope to see the PC and Mac versions in the near future.
    VioletChepilCiaranMarcLee
  • SJ47SJ47 Member Posts: 11
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm Dirk, living and working in Belgium as Security Manager for a Top Level Domain registry.
    I've been dabbling with computers since the last century, my first one was the Sinclair QL, then moved to Atari ST, Macs, Wintel, back to Macs at the start of the Rhapsody, sorry OS X era, these days relatively OS agnostic (OS X is still my prefered OS, but I use Win10 and Linux too). Learned programming on Apple ][, later my Sinclair QL (SuperBasic). Got onto and into Internet somewhere mid 90's. Flabberghasted back then at its possibilities (coming from FIDONET and BBS's); horrified these days at what it has become.
    Got a FINGBOX through the first Indiegogo campaign. Love the device, although not using it very actively (it is a rather passive thing). Wrote some initial findings on one of my blogs (which I find difficult to keep up to date and fresh - see www.ewodju.net).
    Nowadays less busy with tech, more with policy-making and governance on cyber security but I still try to keep an eye on the tech world.
    CiaranMarcVioletChepil
  • MirekmalMirekmal Member, Beta Tester Posts: 68
    10 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hello from Poland!
    My name is Mirek and i'm with fing starting with stand alone IOS application, then through Indiegogo Fing Box and still in love :-) Personally I'm IT enthusiast since my university times (my very first computer was Sinclair ZX81 :-O) and I'm thrilled how IT technology can be used in everyday life (and I do not mean social media). Recently very much inclined into home automation area.
    Professionally I'm IT Project Manager in global IT services provider company. Over years though I went through lots of positions, starting with IT technician, through application developer, service management and so on... 
    MarcVioletChepilLee
  • SJ47SJ47 Member Posts: 11
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm Dirk, living and working in Belgium as Security Manager for a Top Level Domain registry.
    I've been dabbling with computers since the last century, my first one was the Sinclair QL, then moved to Atari ST, Macs, Wintel, back to Macs at the start of the Rhapsody, sorry OS X era, these days relatively OS agnostic (OS X is still my prefered OS, but I use Win10 and Linux too). Learned programming on Apple ][, later my Sinclair QL (SuperBasic). Got onto and into Internet somewhere mid 90's. Flabberghasted back then at its possibilities (coming from FIDONET and BBS's); horrified these days at what it has become.
    Got a FINGBOX through the first Indiegogo campaign. Love the device, although not using it very actively (it is a rather passive monitoring thing). Wrote some initial findings on one of my blogs (which I find difficult to keep up to date and fresh - see www.ewodju.net).
    Nowadays less busy with tech, more with policy-making and governance on cybersecurity but I still try to keep an eye on the tech world.
    MarcVioletChepilLee
  • RickT49RickT49 Member, Beta Tester Posts: 22
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hi All, My name is Rick. I'm a retired military guy who name works for his wife (grin)!!! The boss asked me to figure out why her internet connection sometimes crawls along at a snails pace. I discovered the Fing app then Fing Box. I just installed it today and think it is configured right. For some reason I had trouble opening a Fing account with my email address. I decided to join using my Google account and got that to work. Now to start learning how to use this puppy!
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

Hi, i am Robin from the Netherlands and a Fing user from the beginning, earlier also, but it was called ... i forgot, but loved it.

My first computer was an Enterprise64.(1985) beats zx80!

VioletChepil
  • Manny_CavalierManny_Cavalier Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone!  I'm Manny from the Philippines... a network engineer by profession.  I've been a long time Fing app user even before the Fingbox existed.  I'm also proud to say that I was one of the early backers of Fingbox in their Indiegogo campaign.  I'm glad a community like this was created by Fing, and I feeling like a newbie here.  I kinda missed the group before we had in Facebook for Fingbox users.  Moving forward, I hope this will be a great venue for all of us Fing supporters all over the world.  :-)
    LeeHronosVioletChepil