Fing Box - Flashing green. App wants me to buy a Fing Box. Huh?

jcarnes
jcarnes Member Posts: 5
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
My Fing Box has started flashing green and the app doesn't recognize it and wants me to buy a Fing Box. The desktop app (Windows 10) is also confused. Oh, what to do....

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jcarnes, flashing green means ready to activate and if you've had it running awhile (AKA Already activated), thats just strange.  Let me tag @Robin_from_Fing to see if he has any advice on how to troubleshoot this.  It might be a business day or so till someone responds.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • jcarnes
    I've had the box since they first came out, so it's strange that it isn't still doing it's job. Maybe it wants to move to a better climate?
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it wants to summer in the Bahamas?  St Tropez?  
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    jcarnes said:
    My Fing Box has started flashing green and the app doesn't recognize it and wants me to buy a Fing Box. The desktop app (Windows 10) is also confused. Oh, what to do....
    Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can guide you better? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jcarnes
    Not sure how to DM or what IP to send. I think it's time for the Fing Box to head to the junk drawer. Sometimes things are more trouble than they are worth. Sorry.
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

DM allows you to send a direct message to anyone registered to this forum. If you click on your avatar above, then the envelope icon you will be able to send a DM. As for the Mac, I believe if you take a picture of the the sticker on your Fingbox , it should also have the MAC address as well as the serial number. Include that in what you send @Robin_from_Fing

Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    jcarnes said:
    Not sure how to DM or what IP to send. I think it's time for the Fing Box to head to the junk drawer. Sometimes things are more trouble than they are worth. Sorry.
    thanks @Marc
    @jcarnes
    I have sent you a DM. Please check. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!