Cannot remove items from Fing Desktop

Wim_A
Wim_A Member Posts: 6
First Comment
I bought a new iPad. I gave it a permanent IP address (192.168.1.10).
My 'old' iPad Pro had the same address. 

Now, in FING Desktop

I see both iPads. The old one is no longer in the house, but when I delete it, the new one disappears as well.
When I refresh the scan, they both appear again.

How do I remove the old iPad Pro?

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    If you are using an Apple device to run the Fing app with IOS14 then please refer to this article which has detailed information on how to make Fing app work with IOS14 and above: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Wim_A
    First Comment

Thank you, but this is not the answer to my problem.

As you can see on the picture in my message there are two different iPads, one is new, the other I sold.

Both are still in the list and I cannot remove the sold one. When I do they both dissapear and when I refresh they are both back.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wim_A said:

Thank you, but this is not the answer to my problem.

As you can see on the picture in my message there are two different iPads, one is new, the other I sold.

Both are still in the list and I cannot remove the sold one. When I do they both dissapear and when I refresh they are both back.

As you mentioned, when you delete the old one, the new one gets deleted as well. It might be the same device if you have enabled private mac address enabled on iPad. Can you check if you have private mac address enabled or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Wim_A
    First Comment
    No, private Mac address is not enabled. See the picture I send earlier: different addresses for the iPads.
  • Wim_A
    First Comment
    it's been 14 days without any reaction. Please react? 

As said before: it is NOT the same iPad with a private adres. The one I still have is the Apple iPad, the one I have sold is the Apple iPad Pro 9.7.
    They are both visible in Fing, although the Pro has been sold a month or so ago.
    Removing the Pro does also remove the other; after a rescan both are back in Fing.  
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wim_A
    Apologies for delay in responding. As I can see from your account, there is no discrepancy. You can try to delete the whole network identified by Fing app or Fing desktop and then clear cache and then check if issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wim_A
    First Comment
    Delete the whole network: how?
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wim_A said:
    Delete the whole network: how?

To delete the network from the Fing App, please follow these steps:

• Sign in to Fing App and from the Home tab, click on "3 Lines icon"

• This will take you through to the All Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.

• Swipe left on the Network or long tap on the network and then click on the Delete/Detach that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured.

To delete the network from the web app, please follow the steps:

1) Sign in to the web app: (https://app.fing.com)

2) On the Top left corner, click on the 'Fing' icon that will bring up the list of your networks.

3) Please Click on the Network you want to delete and then on the top right corner, click on the 'Settings' and then you will see a list of options.

4) Please click on the Delete this Network and then confirm 'Delete'.

5) Go to Account Settings, then go to 'Account Storage' and then click on 'Synchronize' and then restart the phone.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • Wim_A
    First Comment
    Done. And it worked. It was a wait 😄 but it's solved. Thanks
    Robin_Ex_Fing