Deep Scan - keeps disabling

I am not sure why, but I keep finding that every week or so, I need to re-enable the Deep Scan Option ? 

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting issue @GdayJay ...  I checked mine and I don't see the same behavior.  A few questions for you...  Are you on the latest version of the desktop?  Which version are you using, Windows or Mac?  What version of the OS is this running on?  I am tagging @Robin_from_Fing to see if he has any guidance for you on the issue.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • GdayJay
    GdayJay Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Thanks for your response, so it did it again this morning ,here are the versions I have on my mac: 

• GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic
    It has done it again this morning. 

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a new version of Fing desktop I think that just came out, 2.7.1.  Can you upgrade your installation and see if the issue persists?  Just keep the app open and it should pick up the new version.  You will get notified when it wants to update...
  • GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited November 9, 2021 #6
    Ok great, I will try that, is there a way to trigger it to pull the new version? Otherwise I will just uninstall and reinstall it with the new download from your site. 
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The trigger should work within a few minutes of just keeping the Fing desktop opened and running.  You should see a popup saying its ready to install...  if it does not, then downloading a copy and installing should work but not sure if that method wipes out any saved data you might have customized.
    Robin_from_Fing
  • CramNevets
    CramNevets Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I'm a new customer and have 2.7.1 and this disabling of the feature happens to me, too, on up to date Windows 10 21H1 19043.
    GdayJay
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    I'm a new customer and have 2.7.1 and this disabling of the feature happens to me, too, on up to date Windows 10 21H1 19043.
    Here's the beta version for Fing 2.7.2, with the fix for future installations/upgrades

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic
    I am glad I am not the only one Phew, 
    And thanks for posting the direct links for the upgrade, as I also seem to struggle with being able to get the app to auto update... I am just attempting to download from your above link now. 

• GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Thanks, so I have manually pushed the install now, so it is now the 2.7.2.
    However a few hours later, it seems to have happened again.
    I did a screen recording and it is currently in the process of the uploading (Rather slowly - but will upload shortly). 

• GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Also not sure if these would assist ? 

• GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @GdayJay
    Have you enabled the Deep scanning option as the option might appear disabled or greyed out but you can always enable it. Can you share any screen recording so I can investigate better?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic

Yes I have, I Apologise my last post was actually a gif and of screen recording but it seems it decided to not upload the animation (helpful).

please find here: https://recordit.co/9MPEsxOaXy

• GdayJay
    10 Comments Photogenic

So the previous link was from about 24 hours ago, and just now, when i was looking this up, I saw again, surprise surprise, I had been disabled again :(

Please find attached or here: https://recordit.co/F1SF9NcOzh

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @GdayJay
    I am sorry if I am missing anything but during last minute, the deep scanning was still enabled even when you quit the application and then restarted the scan. Am I missing anything?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)