A device is blocked and can’t be unbloked

Ariehroh
Ariehroh Member Posts: 3
First Comment

i blocked a Dlink camera and not able to unblock, when I press the unblock button it disappears and appears blocked again, when disconnecting Fing the camera works correctly.

I tried to remove the device but it comes up blocked again.

what might be the problem and the solution ?

Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ariehroh.  Try this trick...  Change the camera identity in the app from a camera to a cell phone or computer.  Its the icon you're looking to change.  That should open it up in the app so you can unblock it.  Once you do that and it's unblocked, change the icon back to what it was, a camera.  

I believe the issue might stem from the fact that Fing cannot normally block a camera and in your case, for some reason, it initially allowed you to.  Give it a try and let us know how it goes...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Ariehroh
    First Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.

same when trying to change type or even name, ir flips back to previous configuration in a second

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,804
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin_from_Fing , any suggestions on how to address this?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Ariehroh said:

Thanks for the quick answer.

same when trying to change type or even name, ir flips back to previous configuration in a second

In this case, can you try to re-install Fing app and then try again and see if it works?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Ariehroh
    First Comment

Uninstalled and installed again, same reaction, I unblock and it becomes blocked again.

also tried to disconnect the Fing box, when disconnected the camera works well, when I connect the box it becomes blocked again…

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Ariehroh said:

Uninstalled and installed again, same reaction, I unblock and it becomes blocked again.

also tried to disconnect the Fing box, when disconnected the camera works well, when I connect the box it becomes blocked again…

Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox and the picture of the blocked device so I can guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!