Fing Desktop says no LAN connected and no internet - Why?

dlorde
dlorde Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited September 2, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
Fing Desktop (Windows) says my PC is not connected to the network and has no internet - but it certainly is connected to the LAN (both Ethernet and wireless), and to the internet. 

Even though it thinks I have no LAN or internet connection, Fing Desktop can happily run a speed test from here (UK) to Dublin! 

(the Fing Android app has no such issues)

Any ideas?
Digby

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 251
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    It might be worth close your app & also sign out of your desktop account then sign back in and try to run a scan of your network (assuming fing can find the network).
    Robin_from_Fing
  • dlorde
    dlorde Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Pixel said:
    It might be worth close your app & also sign out of your desktop account then sign back in and try to run a scan of your network (assuming fing can find the network).
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I'm going to stick with the mobile app for now. Before Fing Desktop decided I had no network, it had also said my DHCP is faulty and my secondary DNS doesn't work - but I checked them both and it was wrong - at that point, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but that made no difference. It just seems to be flaky/unreliable on some machines.
    DigbyHousy
  • Digby
    Digby Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Dasselbe habe ich auch, angeblich kein DHCP und kein Internet obwohl alles läuft. Abmelden, de- und neuinstallieren bringt nichts (Windows 11)...