MAC address hidden by the modem/router
Since I’ve got sky as my internet provider, the modem/router sky hub hides the MAC address of most of my wifi/eth clients, so the fing app says MAC address unavailable and marks all the clients as generic and doesn’t recognize the right producer. All that seems is that the fing and its app are useless…
it is this a known problem? Any suggestions to have all the details of the clients listed in the fing app?
The sky team told me that this is a security policy unchangeable at this time. So, the fing is useless too..
Can anyone help me?
thanks in advance, nico.
- 5.5K All Categories
- 2.7K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 108 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 5.1K Ask about Fing
- 529 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.2K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 474 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 151 Community Updates
- 22 Getting started
- 12 Community User Guides