getting real tired of renaming my devices

Jarcher12
Jarcher12 Member Posts: 2
First Comment
I named all my devices from fing desktop and now its forgotten 90% of them, still remembers some but most of them are gone. Why does this keep happening, shouldn't you guys have figured this out by now. Running updated windows 10 and have android phones, this is the desktop app i'm talking about,

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 219
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jarcher12
    are you definitely looking at the desktop or the app? To make sure, click on the “burger” & select the Desktop network which us prefixed with “DM’ if you’re looking at the app it may explain the problem…

• Jarcher12
    Jarcher12 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    im ON MY PC looking at the Fing program /app so yes I'm very sure that I'm looking at my desktop app. This is not the first time Fing has "forgotten" all the names i have put in and its getting real tedious. one of the advantages of the fing program is the ability to name every device. This turns into a liability when you keep having to rename them every few weeks.
  • codev3rt
    codev3rt Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 7, 2021 #4
    I confirm that problem, devices keep losing their names while using the App.
    Some devices that have been disconnected from the network/completely removed are still showing even after they are Removed on the App

Another problem that makes the whole App unreliable is NOT syncing names between Fing Desktop and the iOS App/Current Wi-Fi. I can rename all my devices on Fing Desktop and when I go to iOS App to Scan devices on WI-FI, the same devices come with different names. Here is an example of the same Raspberry-Pi3 with 2 different names:

After clicking on "See all devices" I get this:

When I click on "Scan for devices: I get this:

If I had Raspberry Pi3 and Raspberry Pi4 I couldn't tell which one is which.
    Renaming shouldn't be done once and synchronized since we all use the cloud, 
    doing it twice for every single device is tedious and annoying.

For a paid service I would expect more from this app.
    Please make some adjustments and let people enjoy the app.
    Bradfrod