Problems seeing fingbox after switching to new iPhone

ababnz
ababnz Member Posts: 3
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 28, 2021 in Fingbox #1

I have recently purchased a new iPhone and set this up using a backup from my previous iPhone. Unfortunately my fing app no longer seems to be aware of my fingbox. How do I transfer the fingbox from the app on the old phone to the new one? I have a lot of configuration saved on the fingbox so don't really want to do any sort of factory resetting.

Best Answer

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 227
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 #2 Accepted Answer
    Hi @ababnz the fingbox is “tied” to your network & account not your iPhone, you should be able to see the box from any phone/tablet. The restore from the old iPhone is likely to be the problem, just delete the App and then reinstall it, hopefully that should resolve the problem. Let us know what happens. 

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Pixel

@ababnz You may not have added Fingbox to your Home tab. To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

• Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close

If you want to swap to a different network as well, follow the same steps and from 'Scanned Networks' you can select your network and it will show all devices connected to it.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ababnz
    ababnz Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Robin and Pixel - thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Robin - I tried your suggestion first without anyone luck

Pixel - your suggestion did the trick and everything is now working fine. Many thanks

Robin_from_Fing