Added Router into my network: Fingbox goes offline / online repeatedly.

TokyoFing
TokyoFing Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Anniversary
I added an ASUS router between my provider's Huawei router and my internal network. The network has not changed other than I assigned a static IP address to the WAN port of the ASUS router and connected the ASUS WAN port to the LAN port of Huawei router. Nothing else is connected to the Huawei router.

Assuming that double NATing was the issue, I added the IP address of the ASUS router to the DMZ configuration of the Huawei router, but that does not seem to have made a difference. 

Internet access for any other devices seems fine.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 219
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I guessing a bit here but it could be that in having two routers you’re either extending wifi coverage or adding another sub network. Assuming the later, is the fingbox trying to switch between the two networks & hence going offline while trying to switch? That is pure guesswork however, @Robin / @Marc have you any thought on this?

Here’s a good & simple guide to setting up two routers, it might be worth a check just in case you overlooked something.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Routers
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,706
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It’s sounds plausible as Fingbox can only handle one network and it might jumping between these but never acknowledging both . I would defer to @Robin for the definitive answer.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,866
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Marc said:

It’s sounds plausible as Fingbox can only handle one network and it might jumping between these but never acknowledging both . I would defer to @Robin for the definitive answer.

You are absolutely correct that Fingbox can handle one network at a time. If you add another router or extender then it creates it own network gateway which confuses Fingbox to identify the main network and it will go offline. To minimize this, Fingbox needs to be connected to router directly instead of any switch especially when you are using another router/range extender.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!