After installing a new Fingbox, my app states that it is already connected to another account.

Jeroen1968
Jeroen1968 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
I understand that the box itself cannot be 'unlinked' from my account. I have tried several: via FB, via emailaddress and pwd and via a new email address and pwd. Nothing works. Please assist.

Thanks!

-Jeroen.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,708
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 #2
    @Jeroen1968, generally this is because the person who owned it previously did not remove it from his or her account.  Thinking that perhaps someone might have used and returned it, did not remove it from their account and whoever sold it to you did so as new?

Regardless, @Robin from Fing might be able to help you out, though you will probably need to prove ownership.  Don't do anything before he reaches out to you.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Jeroen1968
    First Comment Photogenic

It is a new Fingbox. So no previous owner

• Jeroen1968
    First Comment Photogenic

I replaced it for my old Fingbox. Maybe

thats is a part of the issue?

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you purchase it from?  If it says its connected to another account, that to me is a tip off that its been used and returned.  I could be wrong of course but that's what it looks like.
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I replaced it for my old Fingbox. Maybe

thats is a part of the issue?

Ah...  Then at minimum log into your network, remove your old Fingbox from the app and then see if you can register this ...
  • Jeroen1968
    First Comment Photogenic

I got it boxed, sealed from Amazon. So expect it to be new. Certainly did not order a used one

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 #8

Ok…. Did you see if your old Fingbox was still on your account? If so did you remove and try to add the new one?

if you can still see your old network in Fing, then it’s not been deregistered. There is no upgrade path when replacing a Fingbox. You have to start over again by the way.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,869
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    @Jeroen1968
    Can you DM me picture of the Fingbox displaying MAC address and then email address you use for Fing account so I can guide you further? In case, it is already added to your account, you may not have added it to your Home tab.

To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

• Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!