If I purchase a Fing Box, do I also need to have a Premium Account, and pay that fee as well?

bjfing
bjfing Member Posts: 6
First Comment
If I purchase a Fing Box, do I also need to have a Premium Account, and pay that fee as well?

Thanks for your assistance ...

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,012
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @bjfing

In recent months we have launched Fing Premium. Fing Premium subscribers will have access to additional features, services, tools etc. that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.

Premium Plan info:https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose#

Since its inception, we continued to add features to Fingbox, free of charge (e.g. auto-block functionality, expanded monthly reports etc.). All of these existing Fingbox functionality will still work on Fingbox and there is no subscription required to access these features on your Fingbox. If you cannot see any of your existing Fingbox features, please ensure you are logged into the correct account associated with your Fingbox (this can be checked on the 'Account' tab of the app)

We now currently have 3 product offerings:

1. Fing Mobile App

2. Fing Desktop

3. Fingbox

Currently, whilst there are benefits for Fingbox users (e.g. local API tool), Fing Premium is particularly beneficial to the Mobile App & Fing Desktop users. However, going forward, we do plan on adding additional features that will also further benefit Fingbox users.

It is completely optional if users want to subscribe or not, as mentioned, if you are a Fingbox user, none of your Fingbox features or functionalities have been affected.

I hope this clarifies this for you, but if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • bjfing
    First Comment
    edited June 17, 2021 #3
    Wow! That was very helpful.  Thank you.

From what you shared it sounds like Fing is leaning towards making Premium the major Fing player going into the future.  

Since I want the maximum benefit going forward, should I therefore choose Fing Premium?

bj 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @bjfing
    It is to user if they wish to get premium. You can see the difference for premium and free users from here: https://app.fing.com/internet/account/subscribe/choose/fing_premium/year and then decide if premium works for you or not.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • bjfing
    First Comment
    edited June 20, 2021 #5
    One more question:

Does Fing Desktop (Premium) have to be "always on/open" to detect realtime activity such as an intruder or ransomware attack?

I can understanding how Fing Box would detect these events, how would Fing Desktop detect these events if the computer it's running on is turned off? 

Thanks 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @bjfing
    If Fing desktop is running in background and you have not quit the application completely then it does regular scan every 10-20 mins for premium users and every hour for free users.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • bjfing
    First Comment
    Thanks!  This is very helpful information.
    Robin_from_Fing