No Device Pause or Block Available

Stephen_Planet
Stephen_Planet Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I have just plugged Fing in to a switch which is downstream from a BT router but this does not display device pause or block function for any wifi or connected devices.
Is it not possible to do this when the Fing is plugged in to a switch?  Can it be done any other way??
Reverend

Answers

• Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,591
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    I have just plugged Fing in to a switch which is downstream from a BT router but this does not display device pause or block function for any wifi or connected devices.
    Is it not possible to do this when the Fing is plugged in to a switch?  Can it be done any other way??
    Can you DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox so I can check? We have not removed Pause/Block feature. You need to make sure you are signed in with correct account and you are able to see Fingbox connected to it.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Stephen_Planet
    Stephen_Planet Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for the reply - I managed to resolve the issue by uninstalling the app and resetting the Fing - all working fine now thanks!
    Robin
  • Reverend
    Reverend Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

I am having the same issue. Random devices like satellite communications devices showing up on my network and clones of my personal devices, my ssid’s, Mac addresses, and lan ip addresses etc. The option to block these unknown devices said to be on Fing is nowhere to be found. The Fingbox v2 I ordered shows up as a v1. Robin will not spend to my DM’s. This Fing thing has turned out to be as useless as the 3 new routers, 2 new cable modems with new Wan Ip addresses, 2 new iPhones, and the Fresh copies of windows on all my pc’s. Whoever is responsible for this shit has power like the us government or a massive cartel. The FBI is also not helping me, nor is the DOJ, FCC, or local law enforcement. My daughters iPad would say camera in use and creep her out, my devices have been transformed into remote consoles, I have been stripped of my administrative privileges on my own devices, had people close enough to our home to reproduce our SSID’s and get take our google WiFi offline causing our devices to connect to these spoofed ssid’s. Fingbox arrived in packaging that appeared to have been tampered with. There are devices showing up on my network that I do not own or have knowledge of. I label devices, I have tried MAC filtering, I have called my isp, I have notified the authorities, and I have spent a small fortune on new equipment and mcaffee, Fing, my own knowledge of networking, and a friend from sat com us army has all been outdone by whoever or whatever this is. I have had my printer and smart speaker software altered. I know have a hypervisor on my windows 10 home systems that do not even support remote connections. My master boot records and system registries have been altered. You name it and I have experienced it in the last 6 months of living next door to these psycho neighbors. I know they are either involved or victims themselves without knowing it because their devices show up on my network even with UPNP and Port Forwarding disabled, and my signal strength on my connected devices never goes above 79 percent sitting next to my router as soon as the new router gets compromised. My device operating systems are changing from 64 to 32 bit. My mobile devices use massive amounts of data and lag and are on some twilight zone crap. Before going out and buying iPhones, the android versions on our devices changed after not being supported for several years. I have so much of my bandwidth being consumed by the constant surveillance that I had to increase the speed of my internet to be able to also utilize it for my own needs. The list of stuff happening goes on and on. The DHS I believe it was responded to my communications with them stating that they don’t have the budget to assist me with my issues and linked me to various other dead ends. I’m only speaking up on here to vent and support the others saying Fing has done nothing but make things worse. I now have ports 8081 and 8082 open to vulnerabilities and connecting to some icecap console tracing back to my Fingbox. What gives guys? What the hell did I pay for and what do I continue to pay for with this monthly subscription? GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND HELP ME LOCK MY $h!T down and secure my network like you’ve been given access to do guys! Where you at in the DM Robin? Why won’t you respond to my messages? What gives? Are you guys stumped as well?

• Reverend
    Reverend Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

I have my ip pool starting at .20 but 2 satellite devices connected as .2 and .3 somehow. Fing missed them, my MAC address filtering was defeated by cloning, the one satellite device is the same model iPhone as mine but has a different name and version of iOS the other is an S8 and my daughter has an S7 list as well only separate and obviously not a sat comm device. Where the heck is block intruders on the Fing app or Fing desktop and what’s with the terrible customer service?

• Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,591
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Reverend
    Apologies for delay in response. We always try to reach the user within 24 hours working from Mon-Fri. During the weekends, the support team is not available. I have replied to you via DM. Please check and reply directly.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!