Am I being hacked? MAC address from SONY blu-ray player appears on my network at new residence!
Ok so I just moved into a new home and setup a new account with Frontier. I had Spectrum at the old residence. At the old residence my roommate had a SONY Blu-ray player that I setup to access my Wi-Fi network. My old roommate didn't move with me to the new place but somehow the Blu-ray player's MAC address just showed up on my new Wi-Fi network! How is this possible??? I'm using a completely NEW modem/router but when I log into the router to see what devices are connected to it, the SONY device shows up as being active/online. Can anyone explain to me what's going on???
- 5K All Categories
- 2.6K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 941 Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 102 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 37 Network Infrastructure
- 4.5K Ask about Fing
- 422 Fing Account Change Request
- 900 Fing Desktop
- 1.1K Fing App
- 1.5K Fingbox
- 470 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 149 Community Updates
- 21 Getting started
- 11 Community User Guides