“Owned by” tag on devices appearing on Fing Desktop
Hi all — I’ve noticed that Fing Desktop auto-declares some devices as being “owned by”. These tags seem not only automated (Fing choses them for me) but also not user-definable (I can’t tag my iPhone as being “owned by” me, but my Apple Watch has been by Fing, for instance).
There doesn’t seem to be a “presence” preset like on iOS, and those tags cover multiple devices, so it seems more about ownership than flagging a presence on the network.
I used the plural for “tags” as, in my network, Fing has decided to declare two people “owning” devices.
Anyone has any insight on how this works, and if there’s any way to control these tags?
Thank you in advance!
- 5.6K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1K Devices & Security
- 1.5K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 109 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 42 Network Infrastructure
- 5.2K Ask about Fing
- 530 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.3K Fing App
- 1.6K Fingbox
- 485 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 153 Community Updates
- 28 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides