Outage - Server issue ONGOING - Dev team investigating

Comments

• mozarellamozarella Member, Beta Tester Posts: 127
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be more "silent" about on- and offline messages, ja.
    jmarcelinoKiwiComputerman
  • reygio349reygio349 Member Posts: 36
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    My Fingbox is back on line since Saturday with only 4 offline outage lasting from 2 to 5 minutes but the box does not alert you with the LED lights , it  remains solid blue during those outages. 
  • KrBKrB Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    edited March 25
    Mine just dropped off-line as I was reading the updates, hoping that after 6 days of silence, Fing would have given its customers an update as to what is going on. @Ciaran @Robin @marco_from_fing , it really would be appreciated to know what the current situation is and the estimated time to fix.

update- this was being typed whilst @marco_from_fing actually gave an update, so they crossed on the internet. Thanks @marco_from_fing for the details.
  • AviBobAviBob Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

Los Angeles California just went down

✭✭✭
    Bayern, Deutschland too. But just one of five boxes, like before.
  • eezytigereezytiger London/Essex border, UKMember Posts: 11
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 25

Same for me in the UK. Discovery missing at 08:08 GMT. Notification received at 08:23.

Oh dear - cycling again.

• MarcoNLMarcoNL NLMember Posts: 22
    Our fingbox seems to be working OK but the FING website is obstructing network overview.
    It keeps nagging the networks are not found, even though they are listed in the left column. Database issues I guess?
    ABthree
  • ErnieBernieErnieBernie SwedenMember Posts: 40
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭

Sweden as well. Up and down.

ABthree
  • Schorsch64Schorsch64 Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    edited March 25
    I was a bit worried about the availability of my email account since I did not receive any offline and online messages from my Fingboxes the past couple of days, but since this morning (CET) a bunch of such emails are coming constantly again telling me that the FingBoxes are going up and down - glad to see that my email account is still working fine (sarcasm off .... :s )
    ABthree
  • BzglwrtzBzglwrtz Member Posts: 46
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Same here, email test has been running strong for the last few hours.
    ABthree
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoNL said:
    Our fingbox seems to be working OK but the FING website is obstructing network overview.
    It keeps nagging the networks are not found, even though they are listed in the left column. Database issues I guess?

i noticed this before the "silent-time". Network was not found, right for that fingbox which was offline and online. I have two fingboxes connected with that account. Once i could click again to the network and it was working again, the affected fingbox was keeping online. Until today, offline and online again more times. But i still see the network in the web-app and i still can use it.
    Another account which is connected to three fingboxes is still not affected. All three of this fingboxes are up and running without being offline.
    ABthree
  • MarcoNLMarcoNL NLMember Posts: 22
    edited March 25
    mozarella said:
    Another account which is connected to three fingboxes is still not affected. All three of this fingboxes are up and running without being offline.
    Two of our (17) FingBoxes just started to stutter and are reporting events that seem to have occured over 18 hours ago.
    I have remotely disconnected them (Switch ports 'off'), will have a look later today if they are working normaly again.
    We have seen multiple issues since the desktop App was introduced, can't get my finger behind it but the boxes are about to be disconnected and thrown away if this goed on. We are considering another product for our customers. The work Fingbox brings over the last period simply isn't worth using them. It was supposed to be a silent guardian....
    [Edit] And there the 3rd, 4th and 5th go)
    ABthree
  • CodfishCodfish Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Yep, in U.K. mine is still cycling around 5 times per hour this morning. [1.15.1]

ABthree
  • WimWim Member, Beta Tester Posts: 16
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 25

I am going to disable the blue spammer. No further comment.

Bianca666
  • FenderbenderFenderbender Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I have been a happy Fing user since the beginning. The crowd funding period  :).  Unfortunately now it just gives me false outage warnings a few times a day. I hope a resolution will be available soon. The malfunction is quite annoying. 
    ABthree
  • BarnabasDKBarnabasDK Member Posts: 6
    Denmark - was better for a while now it is another mail storm.
    ABthree
    ✭✭✭
    i think, the wheel is spinning again. 2nd fingbox went offline and online, which was not affected before. and the first one (the only one which was affected before) is offline and online again more times already
    ABthree
  • BokraBokra Sevilla - EspañaMember, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nuevo mensaje fuera de línea a las 12:03h... parecía arreglado pero no....
    ABthree
  • WolfgangSWolfgangS GermanyMember Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Same here FB v1 gets off- and online again sine a couple of hours.
    ABthree
  • GeroGero Member Posts: 10
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Photogenic First Anniversary
    And the same here in Germany (NRW), FB v1 gets off- and online again sine a couple of hours :-(
    ABthreeSchorsch64
  • SRPSRP LAMember Posts: 95
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Having been stable for 3 days, desperately sad to report my Fingbox in LA has been power cycling for about 4 hours now.
    ABthree
  • OU812OU812 Member Posts: 63
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭

Yep I’m disconnected again. It’s becoming a bit boring now.

ABthree
  • Mikeny500Mikeny500 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 25

Here we go again, crazy amount of up/down alerts and I’m seeing the orange flashing lights. Sigh.

ABthree
  • KingKing Member Posts: 36
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭

I have been reading some of the comments and yes we are all frustrated here. Perhaps we can help Fing out in some ways. I am sure there are a number of IT guys on here that might be able to contribute to the effort to make suggestions. If Fing can provide some level of what the issue is and the hardware and software they are using we can put our heads together and help them? I work in IT for over 20 years and have seen my fair share of issues.

ABthreeseh2000
  • ABthreeABthree Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Same here in Manaus, starting around 4:00 AM AST local time, 8:00 AM GMT.

• NightlyAlphaNightlyAlpha Member, Beta Tester Posts: 12
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic

Same here in the Netherlands, after a few days of being stable. The problems with the off-on issues happen.

About 4 times an hour, with last hour topping that with 7 off-on cycles.

• JakeDJakeD Member Posts: 15
    edited March 25
    Also in the UK 😭
    Getting to a stage now, that I'm considering alternatives... 🤔
    Despite having invested in a number of these fingboxes.
    FingCatLord
  • BarnabasDKBarnabasDK Member Posts: 6
    King said:

I have been reading some of the comments and yes we are all frustrated here. Perhaps we can help Fing out in some ways. I am sure there are a number of IT guys on here that might be able to contribute to the effort to make suggestions. If Fing can provide some level of what the issue is and the hardware and software they are using we can put our heads together and help them? I work in IT for over 20 years and have seen my fair share of issues.

I believe they traced it to faulty hw (Disk). Seems not to fix it. So probably the controller, the NIC or the mainboard or any combination of those.
    Why not virtualize this server? On something with failover. Kubernetes is nice.
  • AviBobAviBob Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic

Los Angeles California mostly down