Outage - Server issue RESOLVED

Comments

• Static
    Static Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 16, 2021 #422

Just adding to the corus of voices about 100's of offline online cycling of fingbox. V1 running 1.15.1. this has been an ongoing issue for about 2 weeks for me. Happens evening and overnight the most. No real outage has ever occurred, the fb is alive but appears to be unable to call home. Is domotz trying to peel off FB to a standalone entity and in the process breaking it?

• carolin
    carolin Member, Beta Tester Posts: 34
    25 Agrees 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I'm a long time FB user, but first time here asking questions.  Recently my FB keeps cycling offline/online, sometimes all day, but I notice primarily in the evening.  Also have had some orange cycling/down time in last couple days.  I have a FB v1, am a Premium subscriber, and from what I see here, it seems like it started happening to others for the last month.  Before I cycle through all the posts, can anyone tell me what is going on, is this known issue, and are the devs aware?  I really love my FB and use it for lots of things, hoping this gets cleared up soon.  Can anyone give me the TLDR version of whats up, would greatly appreciate it.  Btw, I am located on the Eastern seaboard (EST) and I notice between 1700 and 2300 is when it seems to lose its mind lol.
    That seems to be the same time frame mine goes nuts here in FL, too.  The fing folks posted on here maybe a week ago saying they are working on the issue, but no updates since then.  Same as you're seeing, intermittent alerts telling us fingbox is down, sometimes orange light, sometimes not when the alert comes.  We are all hoping it gets fixed soon.  Since you're a Premium subscriber, don't they offer some sort of way to contact them directly?  If so, please do it.  
    FingCatLordbjlaurieDanM
  • akirkorian
    akirkorian Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I have the exact same issue and setup. I’ve tried numerous activities - even going so far as the reset the box, to no avail.

• carolin
    ✭✭
    I don't remember who was asking about logs, but on the desktop fing app, if you click on the version number, it pops up a screen that has 2 buttons you can click for 2 different log directories.  The app log folder seems to have more info, although I didn't find it terribly useful.  The service log folder looked completely useless to me.  I guess I'm just lucky that the destop app is working, given that some other Windows users aren't having luck with it.  I'm on desktop app version 2.5.1, if that helps.
  • Shooter
    Shooter Member Posts: 78
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 #426
    reygio349 said:
    Fingbox going OFFLINE  several times for the last 3 days . 
    Fing people please check this issue
    Go to this forum-dominating thread: https://community.fing.com/discussion/6370/outage-server-issue-25th-february-2021-resolved-new-firmware-release#latest. With 300 posts and counting, you won't get an answer, but at least you will know what so many of us have been experiencing for months now. There are no answers, no fixes, just disingenuous apologies from administrators and crickets! 

Sadly, what you have experienced may be just the first of many constant issues that have been plaguing the FingBox (either version) for months. I hate being the bearer of bad news, but someone has to do it.

Please consider joining me by commenting in the thread I created to ask Fing's CEO, Patricia Cozzoli to address FingBox owners worldwide! 

**Sadly, my thread addressed to Fing's CEO, Patricia Cozzoli asking to address FingBox owners worldwide was deleted. Plus it was deleted without notifying me as stated we would be by @Ciaran. LIER!**
    JohnnyJackammercgwatersDanMAndy7979
  • Bzglwrtz
    Bzglwrtz Member Posts: 46
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 #427
    Just debating whether I should get a Firewalla, shipping to here is USD35 which isn't bad if they can meet their claimed 7-14 day timeline.  The only thing that's holding me back is that while the Gold has a few more features, it duplicates a lot of the functionality in my existing router and adding yet another hop to the network seems a bit of a pain.  I'll probably get the Blue Plus and report back when it's arrived, to provide a contrast to @SRP's experience with the Gold.
    DanM
  • bjlaurie
    bjlaurie Florida, USMember, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Why does my FB keep going online and offline? My internet is OK since I get the email. This is the third or fourth day this has happened over and over each evening, I've posted about this once and never heard about a resolution. What is the e deal???
  • Saldali
    Saldali Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hello
    My Fingbox V1 has been intermittently going OFFLINE and back ONLINE. Sometimes I get the orange light, sometimes it just stays blue. During those times I see nothing wrong with my internet access, so it's either the device's fault or a server fault.
    Two weeks ago I tried to delete the Fingbox network and factory reset the device. That did nothing right away, but then it started to work again some 5 hours later - so, not related to the reset. Then the service kept working more or less for a week, but now it's back at it again, going OFF and ONLINE. I'm now convinced it's a server side fault.
    I'm in Portugal. I bought the Fingbox last year for over 100 Euros. That should have afforded me full service, even while not being a subscriber. 
    I got a warranty return link with the package sticker from Amazon which I intend to use if this doesn't get fixed. For me, if the service is broken then the device is broken.
    Best Regards
    A.S.

carolinWill_P_UKDanM
  • AustinJerry
    AustinJerry Member Posts: 101
    25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty bad:

Fingbox owner from the beginning
    carolinseh2000RichPWill_P_UKDanM
  • djc
    djc Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Hello,

OG Fingbox user here. Over the past month, I pretty regularly get Fingbox notifications that it is offline. I go look at it and the ring is solid blue. App seems normal. Why am I getting these notifications?
    DanM
  • CMorning
    CMorning Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

I'm also getting very frustrated with these offline/online issues. About done with Fing.

Shiva74seh2000Will_P_UKDanM
  • CasualHockeyFan
    CasualHockeyFan Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Please tell me how to fix the continuous offline/online problem with my FingBox v2.

DanM
  • carolin
    ✭✭

Please tell me how to fix the continuous offline/online problem with my FingBox v2.

There's nothing you can do.  It's on the fing server end or code.  All we can do as fingbox owners is wait for them to push out the fix if it's a code problem, or fix their servers if that is the problem.  
    seh2000
  • discovery
    discovery Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 16, 2021 #436
    Same here over the last few days. Fing v1 has been fine for months, and now suddenly, out of the blue it starts flip/flopping with discovery missing message OFFLINE and ONLINE .... very annoying ! No change in the network (physically or config wise). Is Fing v1 having issues now?
    Andy7979
  • discovery
    discovery Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Same here over the last few days. Fing v1 has been fine for months, and now suddenly, out of the blue it starts flip/flopping with discovery missing message OFFLINE and ONLINE .... very annoying ! No change in the network (physically or config wise). Is Fing v1 having issues now?
    DanM
  • SRP
    SRP LAMember Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 #438

@Ciaran @Robin Since you appear to be the only non volunteer, FTEs of Fing I've seen post in this community forum could you please provide some sort of brief update?

Absent any communication from Fing frustration is mounting exponentially by the day.

A simple acknowledgement of your awareness of the ongoing issues, a basic description of what is occurring and a best case ETA for a fix would go a long way.

OsterlohBK303seh2000carolinDanMPopula
  • Kensington
    Kensington Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

This morning I found 36 emails again: 18 x “Fingbox offline“ and 18 x “Fingbox online”. Internet was working fine the entire time period in question. I have a paid subscription. Will anybody help me? Support are you here?

Andy7979DanM
  • OU812
    OU812 Member Posts: 67
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    @Ciaran @robin come on guys, communicate with your user base, let us know what’s happening and what you’re doing. I’ve  been disconnected for 21 hours straight with the problem initially starting (again) on Sunday. Many of us invested in Fing at the beginning and have become somewhat reliant upon it and so the past month or so has driven ever increasing levels of frustration. Whilst the lack of functionality is disappointing, the lack of communication from Fing is inexcusable. 
    @patrizia please demonstrate decisive leadership and support your front line customer interface and user base. This is a pivotal moment for Fing, failure to address the issues directly will lead to users switching to alternate products.

SRPErnieBernieBK303Shiva74seh2000carolinDalek
  • Rhino8898
    Rhino8898 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

Fing now should in return compensate the premium members. by refunding them paid month and giving them full premium access for a year for free

seh2000
  • BK303
    BK303 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 #442

Having same issue, network is connected to internet and my Fingbox is reachable on the LAN, but frequent reports of Fingbox offline and online when actual network status has not changed. I tried power cycle fingbox, but issue continues. Just now my Fing Andriod App said my box's network data was 5 days old. Logged out of Fing App, and then when I logged back in, it finally updated the network. My fingbox scheduled speed test history graph is now missing, but was there when I first logged back into the App. Something in the Fingbox cloud or App access to cloud seems to be intermittent. I'm in Colorado USA.

• BK303
    BK303 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 #443

Seems like Fingbox going offline when nothing is wrong with the network is now very common issue, multiple threads reporting this symptom lately. See also https://community.fing.com/discussion/6370/outage-server-issue-25th-february-2021-resolved-new-firmware-release#latest

• eezytiger
    eezytiger London/Essex border, UKMember Posts: 12
    10 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Cycling here too with a V1 in the UK. Last notification was that it was back online, but it is not working at all. Last network refresh was 10 hours ago. The event log is inaccessible. This is now a £99 paperweight.

• PaVink
    PaVink Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    The folks at Fing claim it is a rare issue, but it does not seem that way to me!  With the Fingbox going online and offline 25 times a day, the whole thing has become entirely useless. 
    carolinFingCatLord
  • PaVink
    PaVink Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Same here. Fingbox essentially useless. Did a hardware reset, and had a few normal days (coincidence or not). But now back to online / offline 25 times a day. 
  • seh2000
    seh2000 IrelandMember, Beta Tester Posts: 111
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    :( another evening/night with multiple offline / online events!!
    Started at 9:34pm GMT...last message for now at 7:34am GMT

@Ciaran / @Robin sorry guys but what is going on????

Compensation to premium users???
  • Jamzieth
    Jamzieth Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    This seems like a much wider issue based on all the comments and other posts and it's terrible that Fing isn't addressing or acknowledging this.  I'm canceling my subscriptions until this is sorted and if there isn't a statement (at least) by the end of the Month I'm binning the Fingbox.
  • Jamzieth
    This seems like a much wider issue based on all the comments and other posts and it's terrible that Fing isn't addressing or acknowledging this.  I'm canceling my subscriptions until this is sorted and if there isn't a statement (at least) by the end of the Month I'm binning the Fingbox.
    Will_P_UK
  • Jamzieth
  • Jamzieth
    Fing v2 is doing the same thing.  It's obviously a backend issue but there's no official acknowledgment and it's disgusting.  I was paying £55 a year for this service but no more.
    Andy7979carolinFingCatLord
This discussion has been closed.