Outage - Server issue RESOLVED

Comments

• Schorsch64
    Schorsch64 Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    SRP said:

Thank you @Schorsch64 - that's just the ticket. I can totally live with that restriction.

Yes me too - I was already looking to find someone in Germany or the European Union who is selling the Firewalla products, haven't fond anyone yet :-(
    OU812
  • DSM
    DSM Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

Hi Carolin,

The thread you reference suggests a firmware fix resolved this problem but I am running Ver. 1.15.1 so it did not. Of course my problem may be different in some way. Some have suggested powering on and off as a solution but when I do that there is no improvement.

thanks,

david.

• Diggory
    Diggory Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Seems better today....   the constant disconnected/connected notifications appear to have stopped.
    Schorsch64carolin
  • Schorsch64
    Schorsch64 Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments 5 Awesomes 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭
    SRP said:

Roger that. Will do here and "@" anyone who's interested.

@SRP Yes please!
    seh2000
  • Dalek
    Dalek Member Posts: 61
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭

@Dalek I’m interested, let me know how it works out.

• Dalek
    Dalek Member Posts: 61
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
  • carolin
    carolin Member, Beta Tester Posts: 34
    25 Agrees 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    DSM said:

Hi Carolin,

The thread you reference suggests a firmware fix resolved this problem but I am running Ver. 1.15.1 so it did not. Of course my problem may be different in some way. Some have suggested powering on and off as a solution but when I do that there is no improvement.

thanks,

david.

They might have resolved the initial problem with the firmware, but it seems they have other problems they are still working on.  It sounds at this point like it's on the fing server end of things, so nothing we do, such as powering off/on our fingbox will have any effect.   We just have to wait for them to fix it on their end.  It has been better the last 24 hours or so here, so hopefully that means they're making progress and everyone's issues will be fixed soon.

• seh2000
    seh2000 IrelandMember, Beta Tester Posts: 110
    10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Dalek said:
    Roger that. Will do here and &quot;@&amp;quot; anyone who&#039;s interested.<\/p>

I&#039;ll probably root around tomorrow PST so watch this space.<\/p>","bodyRaw":"[{\"insert\":\"Roger that. Will do here and \\\"@\\\&quot; anyone who's interested.\\nI'll probably root around tomorrow PST so watch this space.\\n\"}]","format":"rich","dateInserted":"2021-03-11T10:48:43+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":22618,"name":"SRP","url":"https:\/\/community.fing.com\/profile\/SRP","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6031733\/uploads\/defaultavatar\/pIJEONH7HC39K.jpg","dateLastActive":"2021-03-11T11:28:48+00:00","label":"✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/community.fing.com\/discussion\/comment\/26734#Comment_26734","embedType":"quote"}"> https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/26734#Comment_26734

@SRP I'm interested also to see how it works.

@SRP I'm interested too
  • SRP
    SRP LAMember Posts: 117
    100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭

@Dalek @Schorsch64 @seh2000 @OU812 & anyone else I've inadvertently missed out the Firewalla is arriving today. I'll probably set it up over the weekend and be delving into the Firewalla community forums. I'll give you all an update on how it plays with Fingbox and pros/cons shortly.

Cheers,

S.

OU812seh2000Schorsch64
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 872
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be better to start a new thread in the following section and tag the interested members.

carolinseh2000
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,581
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can make a suggestion.  Use the below area to create a topic and post

https://community.fing.com/categories/devices

This section was originally designed to discuss vendor neutral network and security software/equipment related discussions and as we can see there is much interest in the topic.  As @rooted suggested, create a thread and post there.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    carolin
  • SRP
    ✭✭✭

@Marc @rooted Copy that. Makes total sense. Thanks.

rootedcarolin
  • seh2000
    ✭✭✭
    SRP said:

@Dalek @Schorsch64 @seh2000 @OU812 & anyone else I've inadvertently missed out the Firewalla is arriving today. I'll probably set it up over the weekend and be delving into the Firewalla community forums. I'll give you all an update on how it plays with Fingbox and pros/cons shortly.

Cheers,

S.

By the way, just a note
    Customer of mine is using the Firewalla Gold he is super impressed, he delivers data circuits...  
    Schorsch64
  • carolin
    carolin Member, Beta Tester Posts: 34
    25 Agrees 10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    It was nice yesterday not having the constant up/down messages here in Florida, but it looks like it might be starting again, several up/down messages since 9:10pm EST.  I hope I'm wrong, but my fingbox lights have remained green despite the messages that it's offline.    
    seh2000
  • Shooter
    Shooter Member Posts: 78
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer
    ✭✭✭
    carolin said:
    It was nice yesterday not having the constant up/down messages here in Florida, but it looks like it might be starting again, several up/down messages since 9:10pm EST.  I hope I'm wrong, but my fingbox lights have remained green despite the messages that it's offline.    
    Same here yet again!

Also continue receiving Network Security Alerts stating changes to my network's Access Point. Why would my A.P. ever change from my ISP-provided Arris TG4482A router to my Android tablet? UPnP is disabled on the router! And if the router is getting Man-in-the-Middle attacks, the firewall continues blocking those threats. So WTH is causing this?

Also, the Fing app (for Android) is only listing 2 devices (the Router and the FingBox), whereas the FingBox is listing all of our network's devices. What's up with that?

Additionally, the Digital Fence is not functioning...AGAIN!

And for the record, a thread I had initiated along with posts in two separate threads were all removed, without warning or explanation! This is counter to the claimed policy (in this thread) that at the very least, we would be notified! Furthermore, the post was intentionally placed in the middle of another long thread with intention to be overlooked. 
    OU812
  • SRP
    ✭✭✭
    Down again for me too. :/
    seh2000
  • AustinJerry
    AustinJerry Member Posts: 101
    25 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Fingbox has cycled offline and back online three times so far this evening.  Strangely, I just received the third alert that the box is offline, but the Fingbox is showing Online in the Fing desktop app.  Why would that be, and what is going on again this evening?
    Fingbox owner from the beginning
    seh2000
  • MartynK
    MartynK Hong KongMember Posts: 51
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    My Fingbox is constantly going on/off line for the last two days. When I try and access the system via the web page, I get an error message saying my network is not available. The Android app is the same, it cannot connect. 
    The_Steveseh2000carolin
  • Bzglwrtz
    Bzglwrtz Member Posts: 46
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    It's the weekend again, whoever's job it is to restart the server is out until Monday.
    The_SteveOU812seh2000
  • Wim
    Wim Member, Beta Tester Posts: 18
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary

Fingbox alert sends me messages that my Fingbox is offline. After 5 to 10 minutes is tells me it is online again. Happens a few times a day during my night (ECT) and your day. No internet outages are detected. What is going on?

• Kensington
    Kensington Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment
    I have 3 fingboxes in 3 different networks. For one network, I get about 20-30 email messages per day that my Fingbox is offline. After 5 to 10 minutes is tells me it is online again. Mostly in the morning CET time but also during the day. No internet outages are detected. Has been working fine for many months until about 2 weeks ago. What is going on?
  • Bokra
    Bokra Sevilla - EspañaMember, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    5 Agrees First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nuevamente desde las 3:45am inaccesible y recibiendo correos de fuera de línea y en línea... la verdad es que esto ya cansa... los señores de Fing no dan una solución a este problema y poco Informacion a los usuarios.
    seh2000
  • Andy7979
    Andy7979 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

In the last few weeks my normally stable network has appeared very unstable if the notifications from the iOS Fing app are to be believed. I’m getting multiple alerts almost daily that ‘Device discovery is offline since xxx’ and then it’s back online a little later. The notifications are stating times that are usually at least an hour behind the actual time though which is weird. ‘Discovery received at: Today 05:20’ for example which hit my phone at 07:47.

When I check the fingbox it is indeed ‘unreachable’ on my network. Every other device is online.

Until recently I’ve had it plugged in to an ASUS Blucave mesh router in my office. Thinking that was to blame I put a netgear switch in front of the blue cave, taking the hardwired Ethernet to my office and wiring up the switch first, then running the fingbox off the switch as well as my bluecave for everything else. Now the fingbox is effectively running off a port on my main ASUS AC88u router.

Still I’m having regular disconnects. So I have also performed a full reset of the Fingbox as I read on another post from support here that it might have been stuck trying to get updates from Fing. I did the reset with paper clip for 30 seconds, waited for the flashing lights etc while it downloads the firmware and restarts.

It lasted all of 2 days before I started seeing disconnects again. Any other ideas? I’m using brand new Ethernet cables right now, after buying extra with the new switch. Could it be a power issue? Do the supplied plugs go bad from Fing?

Or do I scrap this one and buy an alternative product? It’s really annoying now as there appears to be nothing wrong with my network, just the Fing box. I’ve got about 45 devices online at any one time and none of them are offline at the same time as the fingbox.

• OU812
    OU812 Member Posts: 67
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Down again. It is a Sunday so no chance of resolution until Monday.
    I think apologies are wearing thin now, what changed in Feb to drive such a fragmented and intermittent service? It is becoming an unreliable and unusable service unfortunately. I suggest the Fing team invest in development or watch your user base drift away.
    seh2000carolin
  • Owenlars
    Owenlars Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Anniversary
    Interestingly my London network Fingbox has been offline and back online 11 times since midnight, it is now 08:30 so nearly 1.5 times an hour.  My French network Fingbox however shows it has been up the whole time.  (Maybe to do with Brexit?😉).  
    OU812seh2000carolin
  • Andy7979
    Andy7979 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Mine too. Just posted a similar question. Rest of the network is fine but the device is on and offline multiple times per day with lots of notifications on my phone. Have you got an original Fingbox?

• hopkins35
    hopkins35 Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Fingbox owner of more than 3 years here, today is the day that my v1 Fingbox finds its way into my tech drawer of doom, never to see the light of day again, I'm fed up with 3 consecutive weekends of constant offline notifications, your refusal to give us access to the local API without charging and the inability to work with IPv6. Fing had real promise back in 2018 but sadly I'm on the lookout for an alternative
    seh2000
  • seh2000
    ✭✭✭
    Hear ya all!
    Since 2:30am (GMT) multiple offline/online :(
    Had I not been a premium subscriber I would have closed my account - to start using a Pi with CACTI and other apps.... 
    hopkins35
  • JazzMo
    JazzMo Bergen NHMember Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    I have exactly the same problem. Fingbox goes regularly off- and on-line without any apparent reason, please advise.
This discussion has been closed.