Belkin Range Extender

Chulamin
Chulamin Member Posts: 10
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
Hi,
Fing recognizes that I have a Belkin Range Extender but the information about it and the attached devices is all over the place. Not sure why.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,580
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Hi @Chulamin, what are you seeing?  Also, I've read somewhere in the forums that if you can attach to the range extender and do a scan, it might clear some of the gaps (Assuming you are missing data or seeing things misrepresented).
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Chulamin
    Hi,
    Typically, I have three devices physically wired and one wireless connection. The IPs end in:
    129 the Range Extender
    201 wired webcam
    202 wired webcam
    47 wired Raspberry Pi
    46 wireless Raspberry pi (same unit as wired)
    Fing reports the Range extender as having any one of those IPs with 4 others attached but it can change to any one of the IPs as being the Range extender primary and rarely the actual IP of 129 that is assigned by the main router. It's not like I have dozens of devices attached and am aware of what I have (these are all in my garage) but I imagine it could be confusing for an installation with many range extenders and a lot of devices. That being said, the main router itself doesn't even report two of the wired webcams attached to the range extender but does show both IPs of the Raspberry Pi, wired and wireless. So, I suppose nothing is perfect ;-). Maybe paying for a Fing subscription would make it a little more accurate ;-)
  • Chulamin
    HI,
    I also just noticed that if I filter to see only online devices, the information for the Range Extender is wrong/outdated. If I switch back to "all" the more or less correct information is shown. Strange behaviour.