Need to Force Refresh of All Networks

RWild
RWild Member Posts: 59
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
✭✭✭
I have been revising my networks and have ended with networks that cannot connect nor be deleted, “networks” that somehow are a blending of networks (subnets - there’s a feature to do this I believe but didn’t mean to). And networks that are named for subnets and contain devices from more than one subnet.

The current layout consists two LANs. One consists of a Spectrum cable connection using Spectrum hardware (192.168.0.x /24) and a Fingbox v1. The other consists of a dual WAN Cisco RV340W router with fiber connections from AT&T and Google (192.168.1.x /24). The router will switch ISP connections when the current connection reaches 50 % capacity. A Fingbox v2 is connected directly to the router (as is the Fingbox v1). Most of my computers are multi-homed and connected to both LANs.

Perhaps surprisingly, the Fingboxes and associated apps all seem to be more or less working except for having accumulating nonsense networks, networks that include devices from 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x /24. I have managed to delete all but three networks that show up on the web and desktop apps but cannot delete one that is labeled “not connected,” but was left with other problems.  Going from bad to worse, I had shutdown the web app and the restarted to discover that the networks I just deleted have reappeared and so new networks have appeared. 

What is the easiest way the reset these two Fingboxes so that I can start refresh and end up with one network entry for each?

sorry for the long post.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,581
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RWild,  you should have been able to delete these from the mobile or web app so something is going on. Let me tag @Robin from Fing to see if he can show how to clear this up.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RWild
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. The boxes are showing me stuff over the past week that I’ve never seen before.
  • Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,614
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Sorry for the delay in replying @RWild
    I have sent you private mail to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • RWild
    ✭✭✭
    No problem. Sent you a PM as requested.