How do I change the home (monitored) network in Fing Desktop?

SRPSRP LAMember Posts: 113
100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Awesomes
✭✭✭
edited February 25 in Fing Desktop discussions

Anyone know how to achieve this ?

I initially installed and first ran Fing desktop MacOS while attached to the 5GHz version same the same network as my Fingbox and subsequently uninstalled the app when the two network maps were not unified between Android & MacOS.

Having reinstalled Fing desktop after the release of the new Android app Fing desktop, which does unify now, two things are occuring:

1) The Fing desktop is throwing up loads of errors: N001-N006-N009-N0041 regardless of which home network I connect to, including ones that are valid and functional in the Android app even though all network gateways are reachable and internet accesible on the desktop.

2) Now the Fing desktop home monitored network is available from the Android app I'd like to assign this to a network different from that originally scanned when first booting on install a while back.

Any ideas on what's up and how to perform a hard 'factory' reset of Fing desktop for want of a better term?

Many thanks.

Best Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    SRP said:

OK - a hard reboot of the machine with fing desktop resolved all the errors. Lesson to self always reboot before doing anything else.

To the 2nd question. Does the last scanned network become that monitored by Fing desktop?

Yes, that last scanned network or recent network will become the monitored network on Fing app.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SRPSRP LAMember Posts: 113
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks so much for the help Fing crew!!!

Answers

• SRPSRP LAMember Posts: 113
    ✭✭✭

OK - a hard reboot of the machine with fing desktop resolved all the errors. Lesson to self always reboot before doing anything else.

To the 2nd question. Does the last scanned network become that monitored by Fing desktop?