Do I have to run Fing Desktop app 24/7 to get all premium features, or can FingBox V1 do it solo?

HardRainDPKHardRainDPK Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I was excited to be one of the original KickStarter supporters of FingBox. 

What excited me most, was eliminating the need to run a computer 24/7 to monitor my network.

I have no problem paying a subscription to support ongoing development and access new premium features, as long as I do not have to revert to running a computer 24 hours per day to use those premium features.

Is this still possible with FingBox hardware and a premium subscription ?

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 871
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no need to run Fing desktop to keep enjoying the features you are used to with Fingbox.

• HardRainDPKHardRainDPK Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks roofed, but you misunderstood what I was asking. Let me try again.

I am not asking about the Fingzbiox features I am used to.

I am assuming that a premium subscription includes additional features over and above the standard FingBox functionality i am used to.

To get full use of all the additional features, do I have to leave the Fing desktop app running in the background!, or can I use my Fingbox instead ?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,391
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @HardRainDPK
    You dont need to leave Fing desktop running 24/7. You can use your Fingbox for continuous monitoring of your network. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    HardRainDPK