Unable to discover ethernet network 192.168.0.0/24 since it's not active

ChrisBon
ChrisBon Member Posts: 13
10 Comments Photogenic
In "fing-agent.log" I have been getting this message for 11 days: Unable to discover ethernet network 192.168.0.0/24 since it's not active. All appears to be working OK on all my devices, but Fing Desktop never completes "Analysing your setup" saying: "21 checks completed, 7 pending". The 7 pending stages are: 
1 = Code 002: Device IP address is assigned static
2 = Code 406: Network netmask (prefix length) is correctly configured
3 = Code 407: Network gateway is reachable
4 = Code 408: Local DNS is reachable
5 = Code 409: Secondary Local DNS is reachable
6 = Code 410: Local network can be discovered to list devices
7 = Code 80B: VPN/Tunneled Internet connection
All my pcs, mobile devices and NAS seem to be working OK.
Why does "Analysing your setup" never finish, and why can I not do: "See all devices" in "Local Network" ?

Answers

• ChrisBon
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Running Fing Desktop - Its "Analysing your setup" and has been for several hours, 21 checks completed, 7 pending. Looking at the pending ones - I cannot see what the problem is. What I really want to do is "See all devices" in my Local Network, but this is all blank, presumably because it has never finished "Analysing your setup". Everything on my network seems to be working OK - What can I do to get it to finish the "Analysing your setup" step?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,869
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited February 2, 2021 #3
    Hi @ChrisBon
    Are you using Static IP addresses for your devices? Are you using any VPN? IS it Windows or MAC?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ChrisBon
    10 Comments Photogenic
    edited February 2, 2021 #4
    Robin, two of my devices have static addresses reserved by the router based on their MAC addresses. I have a mixture of Windows, Linux, Mac and Android devices, a NAS and the Apple Macbook Pro is using a VPN. The Fing Desktop is on Windows/10.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,869
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @ChrisBon

To help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps: 

1. What is 'Home' healthcheck saying? if you can share a screenshot or even better a shared report, it would be very helpful. 

2. Share the output of commands: 'ipconfig' and 'route print' from command line 

3. Share the agent log: To access the agent log files: 

•  

• Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen 

• This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders. 

• Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder' 

• When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'. 

• Back in Fing Desktop, now click on the 2nd folder 'Open Service Log Folder' 

• Compress all files inside the Service Log folder and follow the same process as previous.  

• Please attach both compressed files to your response to me. 

4. Finally, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser "http://127.0.0.1:48080/getFingagentinfo". This will then display device information. Please copy and paste the text into your reply 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • ChrisBon
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Hi Robin,
          I'm sorry, I could not wait any longer, I used Task Manager to kill all the Fing.exe's - that did not resolve the issues, so I killed fingagent.exe - after that, when I relaunched Fing.exe it did complete the "Analysing your setup" phase and reports: "28 checks completed, 5 premium checks skipped." and now I can "See all devices" in my Local network. I know this is not ideal for you, but I needed to get on with my projects. If you still want the logs etc., I will send them - let me know? Chris