Wi-Fi attack detected

Gary
Gary Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
edited January 26, 2021 in Fingbox #1
I’ve been getting the notification “wifi attack detected” from Fing a dozen or more times this evening - never seen it before - and can’t find any assistance within the Fing app about what this is and/or suggestions what to do at all about the issue on the Forum. 
The MAC address of the attacking node is the same in each alert, my ideas what to do about this?

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,866
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Gary
    Thanks for your post. Can you share the screenshot of the alert so I can guide you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Gary
    Gary Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 26, 2021 #3
    Hi

here’s the screenshot, and thanks

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Hi @Gary
    As I have checked your account settings and Fingbox, it seems like this is your access point that was not added to your Fingbox network thus any network gateway changes were identified as an attack. If you add this access point to your Fingbox network then it will resolve your issue.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • dmg15
    dmg15 Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

Hi @Robin , i have been having a similar experience. Is the cause of my notifications the same as above? As with Gary’s issue, i cant find any further info in the app.

thanks.

• Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    @dmg15
    Is the MAC address identified in screenshot is one of your access points? If yes, then you need to add that access point to your Fingbox network so it can be trusted.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)